No announcement yet.

almost 4.20!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only reason its frowned upon is because it illegal. its ridiculous how much money the government spends on cracking down on something that doesnt hurt anybody. prohibition doesnt work!!

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

yeah its retarded when i hear people say "weed is terrible" after seeing em vomit all their booze up at a party the month before.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Ya im sure the fact its illegal doesnt help....but to be called idiots cuz you like to toke gets on my nerves....and mainly cuz in my experiences the person calling me an idiot for liking weed; likely has never had any contact with it....if you smoked and had bad experiences...fine say what you want....but very rarely is that case...and i doubt any body who did smoke would look down upon those who do.

We have commercials that run all the time up here (im sure you do down there too) where it portrays weed as the worst thing ever...I dont get it.....I know more functioning pot heads than I do alcoholics....mainly cuz a functioning alcoholic isnt likely to happen....but I used to smoke often and I held a job...paid my bills...played sports...kept up with hobbies...and got along fantastic with my family....but its the devils drug....not say it doenst have its downsides....but the high and mighty attitude taken by those who dont agree with smoking really annoys me.

I also agree...it should be legal....the amount of money saved by not "fighting" it alone, would make it worthwhile....but imagine the money they could make if it was controlled like alcohol and cigaretts.

Sorry for the rant.
        Last edited by King James; 04-01-2011, 10:47 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
          Ya im sure the fact its illegal doesnt help....but to be called idiots cuz you like to toke gets on my nerves....and mainly cuz in my experiences the person calling me an idiot for liking weed; likely has never had any contact with it....if you smoked and had bad experiences...fine say what you want....but very rarely is that case...and i doubt any body who did smoke would look down upon those who do.

We have commercials that run all the time up here (im sure you do down there too) where it portrays weed as the worst thing ever...I dont get it.....I know more functioning pot heads than I do alcoholics....mainly cuz a functioning alcoholic isnt likely to happen....but I used to smoke often and I held a job...paid my bills...played sports...kept up with hobbies...and got along fantastic with my family....but its the devils drug....not say it doenst have its downsides....but the high and mighty attitude taken by those who dont agree with smoking really annoys me.

I also agree...it should be legal....the amount of money saved by not "fighting" it alone, would make it worthwhile....but imagine the money they could make if it was controlled like alcohol and cigaretts.

Sorry for the rant.

Comment

I've heard that somehow the government makes money by keeping it illegal... I have yet to figure out how that's possible, when they could just legalize it and tax the shit out of it.

Another reason people don't like it, and one that's actually a big influence in my own opinion, is the culture that surrounds it. Especially in teenage years, the kids that smoke pot are usually the biggest losers. They don't just smoke it... they live it. They LOOK like stoners. They live the lifestyle. They embrace the culture.
            It's like, if everyone that smoked cigarettes dressed up like the Marlboro Man...

If it was legalized, regulated, and socially accepted... like alcohol... it wouldn't have such a deviant culture surrounding it. It would also decrease the "gateway drug" aspect, because it would be removing it from the "illegal drug" category.
            Kids that drink beer or smoke cigarettes aren't "doing drugs", but kids that smoke weed are (by social definition). Therefore, if they're already "doing drugs"... why not try coke? or heroin?
            Put weed in with alcohol and tobacco, and the "drugs" will still be a closed door for many kids. Sure, they'll still be smoking it illegally, as I'm sure the legal age wouldn't be 15... But a beer or a joint stolen from your brother's stash is way different than cutting a line.

Comment

i get high off burning rubber.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Another reason people don't like it, and one that's actually a big influence in my own opinion, is the culture that surrounds it. Especially in teenage years, the kids that smoke pot are usually the biggest losers. They don't just smoke it... they live it. They LOOK like stoners. They live the lifestyle. They embrace the culture.
                It's like, if everyone that smoked cigarettes dressed up like the Marlboro Man...
                Those are the EXACT people i hate

Comment

can somebody enlighten me as to how the birthday of adolf hitler is a day of celebration for potheads? i mean i smoked for years but i got bored with it and now im a heroin addict... lol nah... i used to smoke but i cant justify spending $25-60 on a fuckin bag of weed when i can save that money and do better mods to my car and have more fun than a pothead watchin south park episode with towelie

Comment

Yeah, it's crazy expensive if you do it regularly.

I've heard lots of reasons why it's the chosen date/time/whatever.

The most convincing one that I heard was regarding the time of day... I heard that there was a public service announcement on TV back in the 70s that asked "It's 4:20, do you know where your kids are?". Basically, it was suggesting that kids would gather and smoke weed after school. That may or may not be the origin of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Those are the EXACT people i hate
                      Not everyone who smokes weed is like that.

Comment

i wonder how many jewish people actually know enough about their history and yet still celebrate that day. i think the jewish potheads should start their own holiday... 4-21 baby!!!

Comment

I've come to learn that. MANY of my good friends now do it, or have done it.
                          Some of them do it too much, and some of them might actually fit in with that stoner crowd... But I guess at the older age, I don't see it as a defining characteristic... or maybe they don't treat it as such. Teenagers tend to cling to a fairly shallow identity, and use that same mentality to group others into similar groups. Stoners, jocks, preppies, nerds, sluts, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            Not everyone who smokes weed is like that.
                            yeah and i don't hate them, just the people like i deev described

And to answer the thread anyways

i can hardly wait for 420 because then i will finally be 18 and can go to the good junkyards in baltimore that ID you to get in...

Comment

I don't really get the holiday either. Kids are going to do it either way, this day just makes it so everyone can show off that they do it.

Most kids in my school have done it. A lot of them just follow the crowd and that's what I don't like. Smoke because you want to, not because someone's telling you to.

Also, some kids get made fun of for smoking in my school which is funny, most of the time it's the kids who don't smoke who get made fun of. I guess it's because they're goofy or whatever.

Anyways, moral is, I don't do it. I don't care that other people do it, the smell doesn't bother me... just DON'T DO IT IN MY CAR!

Comment

Taking a fat bong rip and chillin'...

Weed isn't bad if you're responsible. Quit sayin' anyone who smokes pot is a loser. That's ignorant, short sighted and insensitive. Some people have found that smoking medical marijuana has enabled them to live better and fuller lives with less of a detrimental impact on their bodies when compared to pain-killers derived from opiates and other potent substances...

So if someone's got MS, aids, or cancer..and they smoke weed to gain a better quality of life..are you going to call them losers too?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X