Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these small trucks would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of these small trucks would you buy?

1997 mazda b4000 v6
    2001 toyota tacoma (trd perfomance) 2.7L v4
    2000 ford ranger xlt v6

All are 5speed 4x4 all below 110k miles

I have the opportunity to buy one of these three trucks. All three in my price range.

Just looking for your personal opinion on which you would take. I of course will be making my own decision once I test drive these trucks.
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Has the frame been replaced in the Taco? The 01-04 models had recalls on the frame.

I love my 93 Xtracab, but you will pay more for the Toyota upfront and they definitely have their rust issues.

They also have the highest ride height of any of the small trucks. I love mine and will probably replace it with a Taco (pending frame rust issues).

EDIT:

The B2200 and the Ranger are the same truck under the skin. I would buy the newer Ranger over the older Mazda, unless there's a great price difference.

Comment

Tacoma.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Well the Mazda and the Ranger are the same..... The Toyota is a little nicer/ more reliable but will rot out.... Id go with the Ford/ Mazda

Comment

tacoma, fuck ford v6's. they have many engine issues.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            tacoma, fuck ford v6's. they have many engine issues.
            Plus, it's a ford!
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

taco
              COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                Has the frame been replaced in the Taco? The 01-04 models had recalls on the frame.

I love my 93 Xtracab, but you will pay more for the Toyota upfront and they definitely have their rust issues.

They also have the highest ride height of any of the small trucks. I love mine and will probably replace it with a Taco (pending frame rust issues).

EDIT:

The B2200 and the Ranger are the same truck under the skin. I would buy the newer Ranger over the older Mazda, unless there's a great price difference.
                my brother used to have a top of the line 2004 tacoma black 4 door with FJ cruiser wheels

anyways he got some under coating applied to the truck for free if i remember correctly

Comment

The Tacoma. Iv always loved those trucks.
                  -Will

Comment

The Tacoma is a rust trap.

The Mazda and the Ford are the same truck.

Honestly, I can't think of any small pickup that I'd really like, personally. The Dakota is ok, but Chrysler products have TERRIBLE interiors. The S10s tend to fall apart from what I've seen.

If I had to pick one, I'd pick a Nissan. Though they have some rust issues as well (just not as bad as the Toyotas, I don't believe.)

Comment

yeah i was going to say the mazda and the ranger is basically the same truck. If i were to get another truck i think it would still be a Ranger but i'd have to make sure it wasn't a four banger. When driving a truck, fuel economy does not exist.

Comment

Get the Ranger. Tacomas are annoying, and when I think truck, I DON'T think mazda... Yes, I realize the mazda and the ford are nearly the same, but still.

Ranger's are the BUSINESS. Tough ass trucks.
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Tacoma...Mazda = Ford.

If I were to get a truck I'd get a Frontier, or Tacoma. V8 is a different subject!
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Now if it were a question on whether to get a Ranger or a Dakota, I'd get a Dakota hands down even if it did have a crappier interior compared to the ranger.

Comment

funny all you guys talk about rust, we dont have rust here in cali. my buddys 98 ranger with prerunner suspension and 33's is pretty legit but there's so many small issues with that thing. already did the clutch and heads on it.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X