New song I just made before in about a hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New song I just made before in about a hour

I took a sample, used some low end theory on it, layered the filtered sample with the original, created a drum pattern, re sampled the drums to 12 bit to make them gritty, got on the mic, bounced to disk, and this is the result.

http://soundcloud.com/absurdny-1/bac...itty-freestyle

or

The beat sounds like a 90's boom bap type beat. I'm gonna start creating more beats like this using dirty drums and filtered bass. I don't know why these types of beats are not still popular. Such a lost art.
    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

i like it

they are still popular, in Polish Rap scene that is. here listen to this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhk_g5-YuVQ
    Just listen from 2:54 to 3:33.
    Last edited by DariuszZ; 03-26-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

That beat sounds pretty nice. 9th wonder actually has some nice boom bap style beats too. Havoc used to have some of the best beats in the 90's

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

NICE!!!!
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I agree about the beat... I miss simple stuff like that. It seems that rap/hip-hop today is more about the beat than the flow. This music is supposed to be about what you say, and how you say it. The beat is just there to carry it, and not overshadow it!

I dig it.

Comment

Thanks guy I really appreciate the love. I just got finished with my job in the studio and now I'm about to work on some of my own songs

My member's ride

Comment

Where do you get your drum samples from?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Where do you get your drum samples from?
                I use a lot of different things for my drums. I use high quality kits I purchased, my Korg Triton and a couple other sound modules, and I also sample them myself off records

My member's ride

Comment

I need to learn how to program drums. I REALLY want to write music, but I can't find a drummer that's reliable. It's so hard to program punk rock drums! I have little patience anymore... learning new stuff is hard. I hate it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I need to learn how to program drums. I REALLY want to write music, but I can't find a drummer that's reliable. It's so hard to program punk rock drums! I have little patience anymore... learning new stuff is hard. I hate it!
                    I have never really did anything with making music for punk rock but I have recorded and mixed some stuff for punk bands. However I have worked on some metal and programmed drums for it and it was SO HARD. I have no idea how those drummers use that double kick. It was hard enough playing the drums on my control surface pads.

Are you familiar with any music programs Deev? What would you like to program drums with? I could maybe help you out on learning how to if you really want to.
                    I am thinking FL Studio or Reason would be the best thing for you to use. I use Pro Tools mostly but that might be a little bit too advanced for you to learn if you never used it before

My member's ride

Comment

The only program I ever used to write music on the computer was Tuareg. I actually did some good stuff with it! (it has all been deleted from the internet... I need to find that stuff and put it back up!)

I've tried out a few different programs, but I wasn't able to do anything that I liked with them... even a basic beat... so I gave up. I've tried Fruity Loops and Acid, on the recommendations of others.

And yeah, metal drummers are insane! I'm looking to do a little simpler than that, for sure. You've heard my old band, I'm sure (I never was able to get a good copy of the music from my singer for you to mix, as you offered before... we were on the decline then, and he just didn't care enough to get it to me )

Comment

The beat is just there to carry it, and not overshadow it!
                        Word to Ringo Starr

Comment

"Can I be in the band? I mean, I have very little talent... but my name is Ringo Starr!"

"YOU'RE IN!"

Comment

The only program I ever used to write music on the computer was Tuareg. I actually did some good stuff with it! (it has all been deleted from the internet... I need to find that stuff and put it back up!)

I've tried out a few different programs, but I wasn't able to do anything that I liked with them... even a basic beat... so I gave up. I've tried Fruity Loops and Acid, on the recommendations of others.

And yeah, metal drummers are insane! I'm looking to do a little simpler than that, for sure. You've heard my old band, I'm sure (I never was able to get a good copy of the music from my singer for you to mix, as you offered before... we were on the decline then, and he just didn't care enough to get it to me )
                            Hmm I never heard of Tuareg before. FL Studio is probably the easiest to learn and once you know what you are doing and how things work, you can make some pretty good stuff with it.
                            If you are ever able to get that old stuff again, send it over and I will mix and master it for you.

My member's ride

Comment

Just bumping this up to get some more feedback on this freestyle. Let me know what you think!

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                              X