Radical Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radical Wheels

For those who have not seen these. Sorry if this is a re-post. I think these were invented a few years ago, i remember seeing them somewhere. Buddy emailed me these pics

These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon.
    The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these.
    Just think of the impact on existing technology:
    A. no more air valves...
    B. no more air compressors at gas stations...
    C. no more repair kits...
    D. no more flats...
    These are actual pictures taken at the South Carolina plant of Michelin.

i remember seeing someone post this a while ago.. but i'll say it again those don't look very safe.

Comment

I know I posted something about these year or 2 back. I have been watching these for going on 5+ years now and these pics are the same as they have been showing for years. I really want these tires to come out and to buy a set, but sadly I dont think they will be hitting market any time soon or at all.

Do you have any up-to-date info on their release? I would be more interested in seeing what the company it self has to say.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

old news, but would like to see updates.

Interesting idea for sure.

Comment

I don't have any updates on these. Maybe someone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            B. no more air compressors at gas stations...
            C. no more repair kits...
            I seriously doubt that this will ever happen .. in our life time anyway ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Hopefully they'll cover the "sidewalls" with rubber. They look ugly as sin in their current condition.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

it wont have THAT big of an impact on existing technology.. do you actually think THAT many people will buy these making all you listed obsolete?.. IF they actually market these, they are simply going to be another tire option.. not replace normal tires completely..

Comment

Droping the clutch at 7000 rpm will not be fun with those tires, I'll stick to traditional tires

Comment

I've wanted these for years! They were called Twheels because it's a tire and wheel combo. The original Twheels did not have the metal center, so THAT at least is new.

They outperform standard "air" tires due to having NO side to side sway (why we have low profile tires BTW). Plus they can not have a blow out, and can not loose pressure!

The company had origionally said many different stiffness's of material would be available (Soft, Sport, Racing). I'd assume the stiffer "Racing" would have less flex on launch.

Issue was back then (when I first read about them) was getting people to accept not having "custom" wheels. Which those photos show they did (maybe). However they started off saying you'd just trade in the entire Twheel set, and get new ones!

Personally I'd buy the originals over the new design. I think a set of Twheels WOULD be custom! So, I guess I'D buy those! LOL

I GUARANTEE if I pulled up next to a car running them I'd notice!!

Here's a video: http://www.geek24.com/g/twheel-airle...-from-michelin
                    Last edited by Vancefish; 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Added a video

Comment

I remember reading about those. Said you couldnt go over 70 because the vibrations get too much.
                      -Will

Comment

These again... ugh.
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Doesn't look safe, it would be cool to not be affected by spike strips though.
                          Current:
                          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

rubber band tires.... nahh
                            Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

I can't remember the last time I heard somebody say radical.

Comment

Working...
                              X