Ok for you Korn Fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok for you Korn Fans...

Yeah the lead guitarist is leaving the band to become a Christian.

Here tis

Munky leaves

Korn's Founding Member Leaves Rock Band To Follow Jesus

POSTED: 8:53 am EST February 24, 2005

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- A founding member of the heavy metal band Korn is leaving the group after becoming a Christian.

A statement on the band's Web site says guitarist Brian Welch "has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end."

Welch told his hometown newspaper, The Bakersfield Californian, that some of his friends think he's gone crazy or been brainwashed, but he doesn't care.

Welch said he had become disenchanted after 13 years as a Korn band member, producing heavy metal music that invoked dark and morbid images. He told the newspaper, "It makes us look like bad people, but we're really just a bunch of kids who never had a chance to grow up."

Welch is scheduled to speak this weekend at Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

wtf weird i remmeber seeing them in concert years ago at the centrum

Comment

He may be doing it for the right reasons, which I hope he is, but he's most likely doing it because this is what celebrities do when they have nothing left. "find Jesus"
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

I thought that was rather amusing, why does he need to leave the band? Does he find it to be heathen-istic, or anti-christ?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

its not munky. i believe it is head

so no more korn, huh? well they have put out enough quality music and their albums after follow the leader werent as good as the previous ones

Comment

it is head...

why does "finding" jesus mean you have to "lose" music?

i hope he returns...what a great fuckin band. one of the few original, real bands out there!

Comment

korn was good at one point then they went mainstream they lightned up after they went mainstream that was a real dissapointment to me
              Hands Down Jerseys Finest

Comment

The last cd by them that i like is issues.. All the ones before that are awesome..
                --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                  The last cd by them that i like is issues.. All the ones before that are awesome..
                  agreed, although there were some damn good songs on the following albums like "did my time" and "right now" and "thoughtless". but just pick up their greatest hits album to satisfy that, haha

they will be back, but then again i heard fieldy had been working on solo stuff

Comment

Im not much into keeping track of bands and stuff.. listen to the music as far as i care. They had some good stuff, does seem quite weird though.. Oh well, people to weird stuff. The local station has something like "blah blah has left the band because he found god... we totally support him, we dont understand it, but we support him"

Comment

there has to be something else, its not like korn was satanic

Comment

Working...
                      X