No announcement yet.

Car hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to list a budget of what you have to work with financially. There's a big range of cars depending on what your budget is.

Comment

Not too old? A car made in 94 is old enough to drive itself!

But yeah, we could suggest $2000 1994 Integras, or we could suggest $20,000 2004 BMWs. What's the price range you're working with? Since you're looking at 94-era cars, I assume you want to spend $5000 or less, right?

Accords are better candidates for reliability than Civics and Integras, since those two are more often bought and abused by kids. If you need something safe and reliable, stay away from the popular tuner choices.
      I would stick to Japanese, as German cars tend to be a bit pricier to fix (VW not so much in terms of parts, but EVERY VW I know has had electrical issues, and unless you can fix that yourself, that can get expensive.) Older American cars are generally unreliable... not so much for the build quality, but because the owners treat them as "disposable" due to low resale value, and the assumption that they are low quality.

Accord
      Camry
      Avalon
      Altima
      Maxima

I'd stay away from the luxury brands, since any parts that are specific to those models will have a price premium.

Comment

BMW 525i ... niiice 4 door, pre 2000, 5 speed

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

And when it breaks... it'll cost the price of a 1994 Integra to fix.
          There's a reason I never bought an old BMW myself!

Comment

lol Deev .. Beemer's that are pre 2000 seem to be as good as our CB's ..
            Not many issues .. and they're not as bad as many make them out to be ..

Comment

True, but a car that old needs fixing, no matter how good it is.

Comment

true that ...

Comment

ANY car made around 94 that's in his price range will need some work... So I say he either A) Bites that bullet and gets what he wants and learns to fix it or B) Take that money and put it into his accord which he already has.

Even if a car has been babied it's whole life, if it was made in the early 90's and bought cheap today, SOMETHING (or thing's) will need attention)

Good luck, OP. Def keep us filled in on what you're thinking.
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

well i'm looking at a 98 accord tonight the owner says it needs an egr valve for inspection... not that big a deal 5 speed 180k mils tho... he wants 2500 what do you guys think? yes? no?

btw Deev you'd be right assuming i want to stay under 5k i was thinking more like 3k

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                      well i'm looking at a 98 accord tonight the owner says it needs an egr valve for inspection... not that big a deal 5 speed 180k mils tho... he wants 2500 what do you guys think? yes? no?
                      I think for $2,500 you could get something with less miles... But who knows? Maybe that lower mileage vehicle will need more work than just an EGR valve... Then again, who's to say the 98 accord doesn't need more, too?

Go look it over. If it calls to you, buy it. If not, or if there is ANY doubt, it's probably a bad idea.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

yea i know what your saying about the mileage but i live in harrisburg PA and everthing is highway... all the cars i've looked at so far have had high mileage... but seem to run good idk... i guess we'll see tonight when i go look at it hope it calls to me... it would be a sweet car

Comment

ok just got back from checking out this 98 accord and it called to me... i'm gonna get it i got him down to 2000 first but i'm getting it
                          Last edited by Nyne521; 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

ok just got back from checking out this 98 accord and it called to me... i'm gonna get it i jewed him down to 2000 first but i'm getting it
                            You what him down?

Comment

ok just got back from checking out this 98 accord and it called to me... i'm gonna get it i jewed him down to 2000 first but i'm getting it
                              I wouldn't use that type of language on here again if I were you. Consider this a warning. We don't tolerate that type of stuff.

Comment

my bad... no offense to anyone's religion... i tend to forget to put on my wording filter when typing... what i meant to say was i TALKED him down a little do to my own cheap ass-ness anywhere i can save a little i try lol... again sorry about that

Comment

Working...
                                X