X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      just got my Rota wheels in the mail an hour ago... Im a little scared to put them on the car after this thread
      Don't worry, you'll be fine. I had my rota boost gold rims for 2yrs under all kinds of driving. From accidental potholes, uneven roads, hard driving, and some extreme cornering. And on top of that, the streets where I live are somewhat horrible. And still no problems. I even went to ny meet were me and the guys were doing some downhill runs and still my rota's were fine. Rota's are more like replica wheels. They make wheels that are either discontinued or a least inexpensive alternative to other wheel makers who's wheel selections are very expensive. Password jdm and other import magazines promote rota wheels. Even forza 3 has a selection of rota wheels in the game. I don't think companies like them would support a product that may potentially be a hazard that may cause injury or death. Unfortunately, cars are a wear and tear tech like any other technology, thats why we have mechanics and replacement parts. Wheels are no exception. They can fail just like any other part of a car, regardless of who the manufacture is.
      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
        im sure you will be ok. witch wheels did you get?
        Originally posted by apalileo View Post
        x2
        black slipstreams for my integra.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          Just a relevant story to this thread.

http://m.jalopnik.com/5785821/porsch...el+spoke-break
          That's an expensive wheel set.

At first I thought it was 5K a pop. Good thing you get 4 wheels for 5,000 dollars. LOL
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by peteypete View Post
            Don't worry, you'll be fine. I had my rota boost gold rims for 2yrs under all kinds of driving. From accidental potholes, uneven roads, hard driving, and some extreme cornering. And on top of that, the streets where I live are somewhat horrible. And still no problems. I even went to ny meet were me and the guys were doing some downhill runs and still my rota's were fine. Rota's are more like replica wheels. They make wheels that are either discontinued or a least inexpensive alternative to other wheel makers who's wheel selections are very expensive. Password jdm and other import magazines promote rota wheels. Even forza 3 has a selection of rota wheels in the game. I don't think companies like them would support a product that may potentially be a hazard that may cause injury or death. Unfortunately, cars are a wear and tear tech like any other technology, thats why we have mechanics and replacement parts. Wheels are no exception. They can fail just like any other part of a car, regardless of who the manufacture is.
            password jdm is just trying to make money off the market of guys who aren't willing to pay for the legit wheels

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post

made in the Philippines what do you expect...
              Oh really? Stereotype much?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
                password jdm is just trying to make money off the market of guys who aren't willing to pay for the legit wheels
                are you implying that guys are too cheap to buy legit wheels? maybe because some of us don't have the luxury or finances for shelling out $1500 or more on some "real wheels". and if thats cheap, so be it. im poor and can only get by with what i have and what i can realistically afford.

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                MR page

Comment

are you implying that guys are too cheap to buy legit wheels? maybe because some of us don't have the luxury or finances for shelling out $1500 or more on some "real wheels". and if thats cheap, so be it. im poor and can only get by with what i have and what i can realistically afford.
                  I don't think he is, hes just saying that it is for people who do not want to pay for real wheels. He never said anything about people not being able to afford real wheels.

Comment

You guys should stop cyber-bullying Rota. Maybe then they won't commit suicide all the time

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

sorry if you got the wrong idea from my comment, im just saying that they're finding new opportunities in a market of lower priced wheels.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
                        sorry if you got the wrong idea from my comment, im just saying that they're finding new opportunities in a market of lower priced wheels.
                        It's ok. I may have overreacted a bit.

MR page

Comment

Besides , to all people who think Rota's are pieces of shit.

Please , tell Toyota that they should ban Rota from making their OEM wheels.
                          Last edited by ExplodingCake; 03-30-2011, 12:42 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                          X