Crash (yet another)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash (yet another)

My friends & I always go through malibu canyons (For Cali peeps Topanga, Mulholland, Las Flores, Stunt, Tuna, etc.; all up & down PCH) But recently I got bored with going through the same ones so many times.
    This time, I decided to go up Latigo canyon. Everything was going great. I was amped about tearing through fresh roads, pitch black, blasting music, etc. Anyway, I realized the inevitable & slid my car straight through the thickest patch of mud next to a runoff by a cliff. I slid right into the gaurd rail still traveling at like 20mph.
    Rail:

Mud Patch:

Car:

Car in previous form:

The amount of lucky involved is stupid. No airbag deployment, no serious chassy damage, and no injuries. I was even able to drive home from the accident. Even the mugen lip is still in tact. I ordered a bumper & fender & headlight off eGay and it came to less than $200 shipped, and the shop is charging me $600 just for framework. Thankfully, I kept my stock hood. The car should be back to stock by saturday. Not a cheap endeavor ($800) but its a lesson well learned. I might stick to auto-x with cones from now on.

DONT CRASH YOUR CAR. PERIOD.

damn, your's was worst than mine...
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

DOOD! it's been raining constantly for days now here in sunny southern cali. and you had the balls to go mountain running in this weather and at night? i understand though since i'm in withdrawl already from not driving in my own mountain. well at least you are ok and the damage isn't too bad. my local "touge" has been closed for months already due to mud overflows. we should meet up and go driving if you are still down. stay safe buddy!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thats what im saying...its been raining crazy for the past week and you still headed for the hills...youre just lucky nothing major happened...but ive been wanting to go out as well but i just dont want to risk it with all the mudflows and nasty flooding. stay safe and just wait till it dries out before you head back out. just good to hear that youre ok

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Ow, damn that hurts just to look at! Both of em! Good to hear that that nobody was hurt
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

damn dude. 2 times everyone is crashing. i need a car

Comment

Well its nice n sunny here in the 209!

central valley baby!

haha, who am I kidding, I hate the central valley.

Oh, sorry about the car.
              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Thanks for caring y'all. I count my blessings that I'm unhurt. This definetly opened my eyes to be more patient as far as driving, but growing up in Cali I get used to awesome weather 24/7. Then this shit happens, where I'm stuck at home twiddling my thumbs waiting for the rain to cease.

BTW, Timmy, I'm down for a touge run once the weather clears. My car will be back in action Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                X