No announcement yet.

srt or evo which one should I keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done here. This discussion is idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I'm done here. This discussion is idiotic.

Comment

Right. I'm not saying the Evo isn't the better car... it most certainly is. I mean, it was developed to race, and the Evo in question is the 9th itteration of it. The SRT4 was decent for what it was, wasn't built with any purpose other than to say "hey, this car is fast and inexpensive!". Dodge didn't build the SRT-4 to win any races.
        However, the base Lancer WAS a pretty crappy car. The current model is much better. Sure, it was fairly reliable, but it was cheaply made. Just like the Neon.

Still, my statements were really just to even the playing field. Most of the arguments against the SRT-4 is that it's "just a Neon". It's more than just a Neon with an engine swap, just as the Evo is more than just a turbo Lancer. The general vibe in here is that the Neon sucks, but the Evo is amazing...

Really, it comes down to what purpose the car fits. Most people never actually use the full potential of a sportscar... so if the Evo is the better car, but never sees a track, is it really better?
        I don't know much about sparkle's Evo, but I know he did a hell of a lot to that SRT-4. Chances are good that the SRT-4 is the faster car. I've also known, and known of, quite a few SRT-4s that have been well maintained... and they're quite reliable when they're not abused. I've also known a few Evos that were thoroughly unreliable BECAUSE they were abused.
        Your not telling me anything I didn't know.

I am merely saying. If he wants a more serious performance car, then the EVO is the way to go, especially if he already has it (which nullifies the field in either case, since he already has both).

EVO's are relatively reliable when taken care of too, but you have the same problem relatively few people bought either car to drive gently, and we already know that Sparkle has not driven EITHER car lightly, and thus babied reliability is moot. The fact he has tons of stuff done to it makes that even more the case.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

my neighbor across the street has an Evo, sexiest thing I've ever seen since myself!

Picture courtesy of JezzWolf!

Comment

Dont know I'm bored...j/k man, I would keep the Evo for sure.

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

On the street, BOTH cars are more than capable of exceeding sane limits before the true limit of the car is reached.
              What about off the street and off the roads in general ( implying rallying )

Comment

I've ridden in a fast Evo, and I rode in your SRT

Call me crazy but I like the SRT more, people won't fuck with it, it's fast enough and IMO is a nicer DD. De-wing it and keep it, sell the EVO, they're gonna go way up in price now that they're being discontinued.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                X