Allante? (shrugs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allante? (shrugs)

I'd never even heard of it, and I work at a Chevy/Cadi dealer and we have old brochures on display. Is it super super rare? Found it on CL and I cannot get on a search for some reason on my phone. Have any of you ever driven one? it looks like a brickish blob.

http://www.highlinemotorgroup.com/ne...-MA-01851.aspx

Just curious.

Were they fast?

life is good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Allante

old version of this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_XLR

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Fast? No. Rare? Eh. They're kinda like an earlier Reatta--if you know what that is, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

See Also; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati

I guess everyone wanted Italian-inspired convertibles back then.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

eww... gross.. i remember those.. i still see one every now and then driving around..

Comment

Is it just me or are these all the same car...

Allante

Reatta

Chrysler TC

Comment

Mike, I agree lol. Both kinda fugly. Too bad it didn't have a slightly bigger engine, although that probably would have had HG issues as well. Yeah, I just happened to see it and was wondering what the hell it was...

life is good.

Comment

It came with a Crapstar L37 but i bet everything in that car was a POS.

Comment

The Reatta got a 3800 but it only came auto with the 4L60e. It was based off the Riviera but the TC was Maserati based.

Comment

i think I can vaguely remember that car. Wasn't there an episode of married with children where christina applegstes character was suppose to present that car in a commercial?

Comment

Allante is a nice car to look at. That's about it. Built in Italy, they shipped them all over here.

Same thing, I had a Cadillac Catera, built in Germany, which was just a rebadged Opel Omega.

Reattas are cool. Hell, I'd drive a Reatta and an Allante, just cuz they're different and odd balls.

Comment

lol
                        My 80 year old neighbor has the one with the 4.6L in it. Pretty beastly.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                          I'd never even heard of it, and I work at a Chevy/Cadi dealer and we have old brochures on display. Is it super super rare? Found it on CL and I cannot get on a search for some reason on my phone. Have any of you ever driven one? it looks like a brickish blob.

http://www.highlinemotorgroup.com/ne...-MA-01851.aspx

Just curious.

Were they fast?
                          lol at highline motors... Look through there car list and prices.... They are local to me and sell cars at crazy prices all the time...

Comment

I remember the Allante; in it's day it was freaking sweet, sort of Cadillac's foray into the luxury sport coupe market. The worst thing Cadillac ever made was the Cimarron.

Comment

The Cimarron was great. Ah, what was Cadillac thinking?

Comment

Working...
                              X