When people post car ads for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people post car ads for sale...

I'm beginning my search for a CB7 again. There sure isn't much available right now that aren't rusty or damaged, or super high miles.

I've noticed a trend, of a bunch of ads, specifically with the Accord ads I've been looking at, is the poster won't have any photos, which right there will totally put me off it, or I email them for photos, and they send them to me and the car is a total piece of crap.

The worst so far has been a couple of ads of people posting pics of an Accord which is NOT the one they are selling. One almost got me last night, selling a blue 92 EXR sedan. The first pic was a blue 92 in mint shape, with no body damage, when the ad said it had damage. It also had US plates on the front, and alloy rims. The second pic was from the rear, and it was clearly a 90-91 and had hubcaps.

I emailed the poster and said he posted 2 different cars, so which is it? He emailed back and said sorry he didn't have a camera. He was asking $1100 for the car, so after I told him that due to the high miles, and the age, damage and condition of the car, and not seeing it, I said "it's maybe worth $500 to me on a good day." Surprisingly he replied back and said "if you can show up by 630 tonight, you can drive it home for 500, I need it gone to make space."

Just annoys me when people put up a useless ad, or false advertise.

Im sure that is frustrating. Glad to hear you are smart enough to ask around before sending money away though. Hope your luck turns around for the better.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

"Enthusiasts" groups have a different mentality than the average consumers.

Generally. Mostly.

Comment

Who posts car ads for sale? Who would want to buy a car ad?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          lol

My old integra was a craigslist no picture ad

i got pictures, checked it out and bought the car.

Comment

i agree that its frustuering, but like tippy basically said, some people dont have a camera or time to put up good pictures. Because you and a lot of people are put off by it, it actually increases your chances of finding a diamond if you search for it there .

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              You mean if I purchase the car, I can't get the ad space with it?

Wow, looking back, that is some terrible sentence structure and grammar. Communication fail. lol

Comment

Vehicles I've been burned on with no photos in the ads:

1993 Mazda B2200. Had a well written ad, truck had lots of mods. I was very interested. Called the seller. He seemed like he knew for the most part what he was talking about. I drive over 2 hours to go see the truck and as I pull up, looks like a total POS.

Someone tried to strip the paint with an angle grinder, so the entire surface of the truck was rough and swirly...looked like stucco lol, and then painted black overtop. Noticed the roof had been cut off and very poorly reattached. Guy was asking $1000. Paid him $400, drove it home, to use it for parts. It was worth more in parts than it was as a whole.

2002 Cavalier coupe. Bought this one to flip it. Sounded decent from the ad. Had no photos. Guy emailed me some quick photos. Looked good in the pics. Showed up, again after a 2 hour drive and the car looked like an absolute pile of shit. Paid the guy for it anyways and sold it the next day.

Just bugs me. Whether I'm an enthusiast or not, when I'm looking to buy a car, I'm not going to look at the car from a sketchy ad, as you can see from my above experiences. If someone is serious about selling an item, especially something like a car, why not take the time to advertise it properly?

Whenever I do an ad, I post the max amount of pics I can, and a well written description. This way I don't get phone calls "hey, whats the mileage? Oh. Ok, thanks. Bye." Or "Is it blue? Oh. I don't like blue. Can you paint it for me?"

Comment

Working...
                X