Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaking questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 jailbreaking questions...

I'm looking into jailbreaking my iPhone 4. I have upgraded to 4.2.1, which I have heard is difficult to jailbreak. However, in doing a little research, I've come across this. regarding GreenPois0n RC5:

http://www.newsden.net/jailbreak-ios...released-6410/

Aside from the funky button pushing stuff, it seems terribly easy to do!

I have a few questions:
    1) If the jailbreak fails, do I risk bricking my iPhone? I'd like to have it jailbroken, but if it's a considerable risk, it's not worth it to me.

2) once it is jailbroken, will I still be able to use iTunes and the Apple Store the same way as before? My first iPhone was jailbroken, but I didn't know much about it at the time.

3) Will there be any impact on my AT&T account when I jailbreak? When I updated my old iPhone (and undid the previous jailbreak), AT&T recognized it as a new phone, and made changes to my account that ended up increasing my rates. I REALLY don't want to lose my unlimited data transfer (seeing as I've transferred 35gb this month! )

1. As far as I know, you can always restore the phone thru itunes but that doesn't mean it is failproof.

2. Yes once its jailbroken it should work as it did before but with new features.

3. It shouldn't change anything but I'm not sure about this one.

You should have posted in my root your android thread...the site I use(xda) has support for the iphones.

Comment

check the following link out, Mike. If you're on windows there is a version for that too.
      http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/02/h...ois0n-mac.html
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

My brother used Greenpoison to jail break mine and his ipod touch. I let him do the work but after that everything is easy as hell to use. Honestly all i saw him do is download the program, connect the touchs to the computer, click and button and after a few minutes it was ready to roll.

Comment

Thanks Pete,
          That link that I posted is pretty much the same thing. It's not the act of jailbreaking itself that confuses me... but the potential issues involved with doing it (especially the issues involved if I screw it up!)

Comment

I jailbroke an ipod touch on green posion, it was very easy to do once i figured out what i was doing worng ( you need itunes on your computer )

I would reccomend to BACK UP YOUR PHONE before you do anything

i tried green posion on my iphone 4 and somthing fucked up and i lost all my default icons. I made a back up of it after that and could restore it and luckly no data was lost.

Comment

Oh yeah, i never do ANYTHING to my phone, computer, etc... without backing up first. I have far too much information to lose!

Comment

jailbreak i have the iphone 4 4.2.1 jailbroken its great. only did it 2 facetime anywhere and get the free apps .
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
                [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
                http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

Comment

Does anyone actually have an answer to my questions?

Comment

getting ready to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with green poison since my warranty is gone why not i say lol, I just have 1 question if something does go wrong how do I go back to my backup point?

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Does it still void the warranty?

Comment

I dunno I know it used to

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

this is scaring me lol or it did haha, my screen went black and wouldnt do anything then green poison booted up lol phew

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

ok I messed it up time to retry, but comp wont recognize phone now wtf.................nvm just took forever

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Does it still void the warranty?
                              Yes.

I answered some of your questions, ive jailbroken ipod touches.

Jailbreaking/rooting/hacking anything voids the manufacturers and Service Providers warranty......obviously theyre not going to warranty something thats been tampered with as they cannot vouch for the tampering.

Comment

Working...
                              X