No announcement yet.

I've spent way too much money on my car recently..smh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL...mine didn't come with a girl on the hood. Talk about hood ornament! Beats a Rolls!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
      How much did all that work set you back?
      I'm probably about due on all that stuff too since I just bought the car 3,000 miles ago. I just got my first oil change at Valvoline and I just know with 325,000 miles it'll need lots of preventive work done.
      Seriously though, it IS good you take care of all that stuff when you can otherwise it's just going to get even more expensive. Procrastination sucks with car repairs.
      not alot actually because I did some of the work my buddy did some at his shop. The only labor ive paid for so far is axle (paid $179 part and labor) and $40 to install the tires. Everything else i just bought the parts and did it myself or with some help.

I know if i dont deal with these minor things now they will become major problems but its really the incovenience that annoys me and also the fact i'm thinking about when i sell the car i probably wont make back all the money i put into it when its sold(was planning on selling a few short months so the next owner will get a gem)
      Last edited by Gemini; 02-15-2011, 04:48 PM.
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        at least you're doing all the work yourself and saving a TON of money. I bought a CB with a blown headgasket for 300 bucks and put in about 900 to get it in good running condition:

-headgasket kit (felpro)
        -machine shop labor for valvestem seals, lapping valves, pressure test, milling head
        -coolant, hoses, plugs, wires, bumper, door
        -tires (work at discount tire so i got a good set of 195/60/15s for 21 bucks! haha)
        -lower balljoints, upper control arms, alignment
        -mounts, brake pads and shoes

I was lucky though, I found a guy parting out an identical 91 LX coupe, in frost white and he had recently done a lot of maint. on it before the engine blew on it, and its been sitting in his garage for 3-4 years on jackstands lol

Bought the front spindles with rotors & pads (30) and got a good condition bumper (20) and pass. side door (20) from him. Also since my head on my original car was so overheated, the plugs broke off and I had to get another...he had an entire engine for me (blown one) for 20 bucks that had recently had the timing belt and water pump done, so I swapped those over.

I just completed the car by installing a new A1 exhaust manifold on there so its all ready for emissions tomorrow
        doing it yourself or getting it done cheap is the only way because if i had to pay a shop for the parts and labor i would probably provide the KY for when they rape me on the charges
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          at least you're doing all the work yourself and saving a TON of money. I bought a CB with a blown headgasket for 300 bucks and put in about 900 to get it in good running condition:

-headgasket kit (felpro)
          -machine shop labor for valvestem seals, lapping valves, pressure test, milling head
          -coolant, hoses, plugs, wires, bumper, door
          -tires (work at discount tire so i got a good set of 195/60/15s for 21 bucks! haha)
          -lower balljoints, upper control arms, alignment
          -mounts, brake pads and shoes

I was lucky though, I found a guy parting out an identical 91 LX coupe, in frost white and he had recently done a lot of maint. on it before the engine blew on it, and its been sitting in his garage for 3-4 years on jackstands lol

Bought the front spindles with rotors & pads (30) and got a good condition bumper (20) and pass. side door (20) from him. Also since my head on my original car was so overheated, the plugs broke off and I had to get another...he had an entire engine for me (blown one) for 20 bucks that had recently had the timing belt and water pump done, so I swapped those over.

I just completed the car by installing a new A1 exhaust manifold on there so its all ready for emissions tomorrow
          i just bought a 4runner with a blown headgasket for 1300 bucks. everyone would think im an idiot because i need to pull the motor (i dont need to but im going to, if it was a pushrod then i wouldnt but i want to deck the block).

the only reason i can make money on this is because i do all the labor and machine work myself. i love my job.

as far as maintainence goes, at least you dont own a volkswagen. i had to fix my door handles, wtf? put on a water pump and t-belt only to find out i have a blown ehadgasket which is leading to a fully built motor.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Cuz that 4runner will probably get you $4-6k all day long.

What year is it?

Comment

i dont feel like quoting.

people fix shit and maintain their cars to keep up with the curve. modding is done ahead of the curve.

or it should be. no one ever does it, so they keep leaving themselves behind. but who here hasnt modded their car when something clearly needed to be fixed sooner or later?
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
              X