So im down but not out...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at some of these replies.

I personally think the machines are bullshit.

They weed out bad resumes but they are also weeding out good resumes just because they may not contain the keywords they're looking for?

Like really? Thats what our world has come to? Key words?

Id rather walk in any day and sell myself, then let my resume do the talking, and im pretty confident in my resume.

Anyone who approves the resume scanning has a job....if you didn't have a job and were sitting at home for 6mos like me applying to literally 100s of jobs a week and not making progress, then you'd want to be able to walk in and sell yourself, and not go through a fucking machine.

Yea im not giving up, i just was surprised i got the interview and thought that i impressed them enough for a job offer( i mean they did discuss pay and made copies of my license and certificates) so it gave me false hope.

In the end, i am happy i even got an interview with such a prestigious hospital and Ive reached out to try to find out where my weakness was and how i can improve. It either has to be that i was out shined on the interview, or someone has some experience.

The thing with experience is, that this hospital retrains you because they do everything their own way, different from how it's done in 90% of the hospitals in the city. So thus this position was for per diem and basically slotted for a newbie so having experience shouldn't play that much of a roll.

IMO im a better candidate then someone with experience because i don't have "bad habits" and im fresh out of school....im ready to be molded any way they seem fit.

But thats just my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I have an interview tomorrow with the Immigration department so as you can see im not only limiting myself to my field, im just trying to get a fucking job.

And a federal job with benefits is not to shabby.

Comment

Oh and plan B is to just keep trucking.

My emergency contingency plan is this-

im in school right now for cat scan....in the summer ill be taking the cat scan registry and passing it.

If upon completion i do not have a job in my field and i don't get picked up for a cat scan job im going to do trucking.

I found a company who will pay for my cdl training etc and only keeps 3 year old trucks or newer.

All automatic.

Nice sleepers.

and you can be driving in as little as 3 weeks.

So basically if i can't fucking get a damn job, im going to hit the road.

Comment

Damn Ralphie. Sorry about the job. Good luck on your cat-scan exam and class. All of CB7T is behind you.
        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My coupe!!!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
          Damn Ralphie. Sorry about the job. Good luck on your cat-scan exam and class. All of CB7T is behind you.
          Thanks brotha.

Im a little optimistic....because this same hospital is looking to hire 8 new employees in 2011...so i still got a shot but my time is limited because im trying to move to NJ so if i can find a FT job in NJ, then im gone.

Comment

Well ralph why not work in the triage in Iraq you'll always have a job there. But not to speak negatively bro watch out for them grenades and those insurgents ,I heard them shits hurt.

Comment

damn now this makes me worried since the medical administration area is also saturated with people.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                damn now this makes me worried since the medical administration area is also saturated with people.
                Ya man, with the economy and the plethora of people in the medical field, its hard to get work but your in CINNCY so i mean it might be different there.

Once shit gets back to normal, even though it will be a while, jobs will increase since the baby boomers are going to be shitting their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                  Well ralph why not work in the triage in Iraq you'll always have a job there. But not to speak negatively bro watch out for them grenades and those insurgents ,I heard them shits hurt.
                  1. Because i served my military time and are no longer active.

2. Because i have just been married, and plan to have children soon. So running off to go play solider in a country where they want you dead is a stupid idea.

3. If i go back to Iraq, ill be going as a civilian making 6 figures.

Comment

Working...
                  X