Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but....

The only DA Integra with VTEC (in USDM form) was the GS-R. Which came out in 1992 in a 1.7 litre form. The B17A1.

The Acura NSX came out in the USDM in 1991 with it's 3.0 litre VTEC engine. The C30A.
    Possibly....from what I had read up when I was researching buying a DA, a couple web pages noted the Integra as the first car with VTEC sold in North America. Perhaps Canadian Integras came with it in 91 as well?

I'll give you a bonus point for the NSX info.

And lordoja, you're right.

Comment

What was the first production car to have it's windshield wipers concealed in the cowl?

Hint: British 4 door noted for looking like Ferrari Daytona.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Possibly....from what I had read up when I was researching buying a DA, a couple web pages noted the Integra as the first car with VTEC sold in North America. Perhaps Canadian Integras came with it in 91 as well?

I'll give you a bonus point for the NSX info.

And lordoja, you're right.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

under the "DOHC VTEC" section is says that the NSX was the first US automobile with a VTEC engine

but you're right, Canada might have been different learning new things everyday!
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

under the "DOHC VTEC" section is says that the NSX was the first US automobile with a VTEC engine

but you're right, Canada might have been different learning new things everyday!
          Ha, cool.

Here you go, from Wikipedia as well.

"The 1990-1993 generation Honda Integra bears the code E-DA. This is the most important generation of models in Honda's history as this is where the legendary VTEC system was introduced. The very first VTEC engine was the 160PS version of the DOHC VTEC B16A. The first model to use this engine was the DA6 Honda Integra RSi/XSi, introduced by Honda in April 1989. Thus as the official Japanese Domestic Market(JDM) Honda factory manual for the DA6 states, the first VTEC engine in the world is a B16A bearing the serial number 1000001 and was used in an Integra RSi/XSi which bore the chassis serial 1000001."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra

Comment

On these bumper stickers found on many European cars, what country is this sticker from?

Comment

Switzerland! holy shit that latin class paid off lmao
              Originally posted by scudweiser
              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Here's one

What manufacturer(s) first introduced seat belts as "optional" equipment?

What was the first model to come with seat belts as standard equipment?

fine that was two lol
                it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                  Here's one

What manufacturer(s) first introduced seat belts as "optional" equipment?

What was the first model to come with seat belts as standard equipment?

fine that was two lol

Without searching, I am guessing Volvo.

As standard equipment, do you mean 2 or 3 point belts? I can't recall what model of Volvo it was that introduced 3 points as standard....I want to say it was in the 60s though.

And the Swiss sticker is correct.

Comment

Without searching, I am guessing Volvo.

As standard equipment, do you mean 2 or 3 point belts? I can't recall what model of Volvo it was that introduced 3 points as standard....I want to say it was in the 60s though.

And the Swiss sticker is correct.
                    good point, imma go with just seat belts all together, this fact was on Forza 3 lol, but no it wasn't Volvo, right region for the second question though though... as far as the first one, it was two USDM manufacturers that started putting them on as optional.

Comment

yay for Wikipedia

"Volvo introduced the first production three-point belt in 1959.[1] The first car with three point belt was a Volvo PV 544 that was delivered to a dealer in Kristianstad on August 13, 1959. The first car to feature the three point seat belt however was the 1959 Volvo 122 The three point belt was developed by Nils Bohlin who had earlier also worked on ejection seats at Saab.

American car manufacturers Nash (in 1949) and Ford (in 1955) offered seat belts as options, while Swedish Saab first introduced seat belts as standard in 1958.[17] After the Saab GT 750 was introduced at the New York motor show in 1958 with safety belts fitted as standard, the practice became commonplace.[18]

However, the first modern three point seat belt (the so-called CIR-Griswold restraint) used in most consumer vehicles today was patented in 1951 by the Americans Roger W. Griswold and Hugh De Haven,[19] and developed to its modern form by Nils Bohlin for Swedish manufacturer Volvo—who introduced it in 1959 as standard equipment. Bohlin was granted U.S. Patent 3,043,625 for the device.[17] Bohlin's lap-and-shoulder belt was introduced by Volvo in 1959, in Sweden."

Comment

Name the driver of the Mini Cooper who won the Monte Carlo Rally 3 times in a row in the 1960s.

Comment

Name the driver of the Mini Cooper who won the Monte Carlo Rally 3 times in a row in the 1960s.
                          Timo Makinen and Paul Easter
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

What was the name of the sedan Lotus created in the early 90s?

And to answer Lordjas first question: It was Volvo who was the first one to make seatbelts standard.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

What was the only rear wheel drive rally car to win a championship after quattro was introduced?

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

yay for Wikipedia

"Volvo introduced the first production three-point belt in 1959.[1] The first car with three point belt was a Volvo PV 544 that was delivered to a dealer in Kristianstad on August 13, 1959. The first car to feature the three point seat belt however was the 1959 Volvo 122 The three point belt was developed by Nils Bohlin who had earlier also worked on ejection seats at Saab.

American car manufacturers Nash (in 1949) and Ford (in 1955) offered seat belts as options, while Swedish Saab first introduced seat belts as standard in 1958.[17] After the Saab GT 750 was introduced at the New York motor show in 1958 with safety belts fitted as standard, the practice became commonplace.[18]

However, the first modern three point seat belt (the so-called CIR-Griswold restraint) used in most consumer vehicles today was patented in 1951 by the Americans Roger W. Griswold and Hugh De Haven,[19] and developed to its modern form by Nils Bohlin for Swedish manufacturer Volvo—who introduced it in 1959 as standard equipment. Bohlin was granted U.S. Patent 3,043,625 for the device.[17] Bohlin's lap-and-shoulder belt was introduced by Volvo in 1959, in Sweden."
                                haha nice, there's a lot of fun facts in Forza while the game loads, kinda nifty

Comment

Working...
                                X