Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indestructible rims!

Ill take a pair please

Oh no I could curb them like I curbed my steelies. Hit the curb at like 60 mph.
    -Will

Comment

I think it's pretty cool, But I'm not entirely sure you couldn't treat most rims that way with similar results... I mean, It's a wheel. It carries multiple thousands of pounds of your vehicle daily, at high speeds over bumps and holes and around turns, and doesn't break... I mean they do need to be strong to be safe enough to sell... so IDK...

Rota musta missed that note though...
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

nothing's indestructible. I bet if it hit a big enough pot hole, it'll break.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Fucking missing the poiint!!!!!

These are some strong good quality wheels that are hard as hell to ruin try those tests with your rims and see what happens.

they are nice but must be expensive haha

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
            Fucking missing the poiint!!!!!

These are some strong good quality wheels that are hard as hell to ruin try those tests with your rims and see what happens.

they are nice but must be expensive haha
            My cousin told me some gut was driving with bare rim!! I was to lazy to look it up though haha These rims run for about $2500 for all 4! wish I had a ton of spare change.

Comment

http://www.german-wheels.com/technik/radinox/

More info.

I dig a few of their designs.

Comment

Indestructible? No.

As far as road rash and curbing.....the video was shitty quality but if you look real close the shine isn't as glamorous in spots when its on the machine.

There is NO WAY that Rim was not scratched.

Comment

somehow im not convinced...

Comment

They are hitting the rim's face (that has been treated with Radinox) with materials softer than it (wood, aluminum pole, brick).

These are nothing more then stainless rims that have been treated with their "Radinox" lacquers to give them shine. Radinox is nothing special. It's not a metal alloy or composite, just a surface finish/polish/lacquer trade name registered to the Volker Schmidt company.

If you did the same test with a normal stainless rim, same results. The only difference may be the finish of the normal non treated SS rim may look scuffed.

Nothing impressive.
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                      They are hitting the rim's face (that has been treated with Radinox) with materials softer than it (wood, aluminum pole, brick).

These are nothing more then stainless rims that have been treated with their "Radinox" lacquers to give them shine. Radinox is nothing special. It's not a metal alloy or composite, just a surface finish/polish/lacquer trade name registered to the Volker Schmidt company.

If you did the same test with a normal stainless rim, same results. The only difference may be the finish of the normal non treated SS rim may look scuffed.

Nothing impressive.
                      Ya when i saw them using wood at first i was like are you fucking kidding me?? Its going to eat the wood for breakfast lol.

Then i saw it had another minute of video i was like oh maybe it gets better. lol

Comment

Exactly! Wood isn't exactly one of the most damaging things out there. Hell I use wood to beat parts on because it doesn't damage stuff.

I was hoping they were going to slam it in on the curb or beat the shit out of it with 16 oz. hammer, you know just something more destructive (wood soft, aluminum softer than stainless, brick is brittle).

I can give it credit for keeping a shine. Hit up VWVortex or any other similar German car forum. These do get curb rash just like other rims.
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Better video of showing strength.

Comment

take them to TJ, see how long they last
                            Originally posted by scudweiser
                            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

in the 2nd video a piece fell off?

nothing is unbreakable.

ill take bbs any day

Comment

Working...
                              X