So who's ready for the noreaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f22a4bandit View Post
    It was a nice and balmy 80*F here in Austin, TX. Suck it.
    Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
    i hate the heat+humidity...you guys are lucky. at least you dont wake up all fucking sweaty. fuck leather seats down here
    hurricane season is approaching
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

i can't wait the last time we got roughly 11" or so.

i have good contracts with 3 local businesses and 6 residents to plow out and sand so i'll keep myself busy between that and the dealership.

that is, if the CB can make it down the road if they haven't cleared it yet

life is good.

Comment

Fuck the Noreaster, shit's a midwester, lol. I dont think Ive ever seen this much snow in my 26+ years on this planet. DoT just close I-70 in the 2 most central counties in Missouri. I can just barely see the tops of the tires on my car. The drifts are shelving -OFF- the car. Like the bill of a hat. Got about another foot til it reaches the bottom of the mail box.

I know you Noreasterners are used to it, but we aint.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
          Fuck the Noreaster, shit's a midwester, lol. I dont think Ive ever seen this much snow in my 26+ years on this planet. DoT just close I-70 in the 2 most central counties in Missouri. I can just barely see the tops of the tires on my car. The drifts are shelving -OFF- the car. Like the bill of a hat. Got about another foot til it reaches the bottom of the mail box.

I know you Noreasterners are used to it, but we aint.
          Wow that is some serious snow.

I just read we are only getting 3-4 inches so sorry for uproar LOL!!

Comment

This happen to me just 45 min ago on RT17 in New Jersey. Driving to make my last delivery in NJ , i drive normal. Speed , the back starts to slide and i try and gain control back and next thing you know im bracing for impact.

FAIL.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Holy shit dude.

Glad your ok.

How did you lose your pass side front tire?

I see that a lot when vehicles leave the asphalt and then reenter the asphalt at hard angles??

Im limited on driving experience with those vans but did you apply the brakes when the rear gave out?

Comment

I was in San Antonio, heading to the airport early, to catch my 11:45 flight and the airline called me and said my flight from SA to DFW was cancelled and the flight from DFW to STL was also cancelled. They just barely got me onto a 9:35 flight to DFW but when i got there all flights to STL were cancelled. I sat in the DFW airport for 5 hours before finally making it to KC where i caught the very last shuttle home.

Had i waited any longer, at either airport I wouldnt have made it home.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Holy shit dude.

Glad your ok.

How did you lose your pass side front tire?

I see that a lot when vehicles leave the asphalt and then reenter the asphalt at hard angles??

Im limited on driving experience with those vans but did you apply the brakes when the rear gave out?
                  Im alright , Luckly but i am going to go to the hospital to make sure everythings ok.

I have no idea , it happen to fast , i felt the back giving , and turn the wheel slighty and braked slighty. I guess i either turned the wheel too mucch or braked to hard out of shock.

Luckly there was no one im the left lane.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                    Im alright , Luckly but i am going to go to the hospital to make sure everythings ok.

I have no idea , it happen to fast , i felt the back giving , and turn the wheel slighty and braked slighty. I guess i either turned the wheel too mucch or braked to hard out of shock.

Luckly there was no one im the left lane.
                    Yes def go get checked out.

If i had to say i would say it was 100% brakes.

I always though if you felt the rear end give out you NEVER apply brakes just look in the direction you want to go so that you will steer in that direction.

Brakes throws everything off.

Ive never been in a similar situation so im just saying what ive read and been told, but its easy to freak in these situations and it happens in mere seconds so your not left with a lot of time.

Comment

8" of snow in "Phase 1." Second phase to start at midnight with about 12"+

pictures to come later.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Damn Elvis man!!!!! Glad your ok. I almost lost it a few times today on the roads. Its real ugly out there folks. Please be safe
                        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        My coupe!!!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

What do you do exactly, i kept meaning to ask you.

It is something with railwork?
                          Yep...I'm a conductor

Should have tomorrow off tho...so let it snow

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Yes def go get checked out.

If i had to say i would say it was 100% brakes.

I always though if you felt the rear end give out you NEVER apply brakes just look in the direction you want to go so that you will steer in that direction.

Brakes throws everything off.

Ive never been in a similar situation so im just saying what ive read and been told, but its easy to freak in these situations and it happens in mere seconds so your not left with a lot of time.

Driving a front wheel drive car since a learned to drive prob didnt help being its a rear eheel drive van...

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                              Yep...I'm a conductor

Should have tomorrow off tho...so let it snow
                              I was about to jump into this, actually had an exam for Norfolk Southern lined up but i bailed because the pay is shit for a while until you build some status and i don't have the time to start out making shit money when if i could land a job doing what i went to school for will net me 25-35/hr with 0 experience.

But ive always admired the rail system and all its beauty. Except for days like in your previous post, it must be a shit ton of fun. Im sure your busy as you don't post often but if you ever get a chance and you have pictures of the yard/trains/etc id love to see them, im a closet train buff lol.

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                              Driving a front wheel drive car since a learned to drive prob didnt help being its a rear eheel drive van...
                              yea i was going to say i thought they were RWD.

Comment

Today's ice storm was enough of a pain... I know how to drive in conditions like that, but apparently nobody else does!

Comment

Working...
                                X