Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very surprising crash test

http://video.consumerreports.org/ser...id=41311737001

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) celebrated its 50th anniversary the same way we all celebrate our major milestones: by smashing up a classic car and putting footage of it on the Internet.

They performed a crash test of a 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air and a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu to show the advances made in auto safety in the last fifty years—thanks in large part to the IIHS. Their original video was a hit on YouTube, and the results were no surprise to anyone with a passing familiarity with cars. What the car-buying public has lost in awesome tailfins, we have gained in safety.

This was a surprise to me!
    -Will

Technology is wonderful eh?
    wat?

Comment

not me. i saw that long ago.

sad to see the nice car get torn to shreds, but it does debunk the myth that those old boats are safe because theyre big.

Comment

Marty, he's in a '46 Ford, we're in a DeLorean. He'd rip through us like we were tin foil.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
          Marty, he's in a '46 Ford, we're in a DeLorean. He'd rip through us like we were tin foil.
          I guess he did go back to the future?
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That's amazing and terrifying Makes me wonder how the cb would do

Comment

It didn't even have a collapsible steering colum, he was impaled by that steering wheel lol

Comment

you gotta check out the Renault crash test video, makes me want to work for them
                Originally posted by scudweiser
                it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Yeah, ouch. I knew my horse and buggy were unsafe! Especially at near-highway speeds in a front-end collision...

life is good.

Comment

I like this video because it completely proves that bigger is not better.

I hate people who say "Oh, I need an SUV cuz I feel safer."

Ok, til you roll over and die.

Comment

god damn!!!!!!!!!! shows how much better new cars are built now days that bel air got demolished crazy from the in car view also

Comment

Working...
                      X