HDTV help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDTV help please

so i have a 22 vizio tv i know not the greatest. but tonight i was watching tv and it just shut off. now the words are not lit up at all. What could be my problem? i hooked it up to a different power source and everything
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Vizio's are cheap for a reason.
    wat?

Comment

I had this problem with my Vizio. I thought it was fucked but I just unplugged it for an hour or so and it came back on. hasn't done it since...
      COUPE K24

Comment

i have never had a problem with vizios before. but anyways.. you have a idea what it is?
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

how long have you had the tv?

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I just recently bought a 16" Vizio for the kitchen and guess what? I still have my 12 year old Sharp/VCR combo... that Vizio got returned.

Have you tried plugging it into a different outlet?
            Bad power supply?

Since nothing is lighting up, I'm thinking power source.
            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Hmm go and check your fusebox. Then if the tv works at a friends house your power supply is the issue also be sure to get a multi-circuit surge protector.

Comment

It's plugged into a surge protector and i tried a different one too. Also i have had it since february. so about a year. and all the other things in my room work. heck im no my pc in my room now. but ill go check the fuse box anyways to make sure

Comment

Not the fuses. I am going to try it in my last surge protector. Even though everything plugged into the one i had my tv plugged into still works

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                    It's plugged into a surge protector and i tried a different one too. Also i have had it since february. so about a year. and all the other things in my room work. heck im no my pc in my room now. but ill go check the fuse box anyways to make sure
                    yea id say something in the TV went, but first leave it unplugged for an hour or 2 then try again, if no go then TV is a goner

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                    1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I have a warranty so ill just take it back to best buy and get a new one or pay the difference and get a different model

Comment

It overheated. My first vizio was a 32" plasma, did that same thing the second week I had it. But i loved my TV, the clarity, and the price was certainly right. I got the same tv, not a single problem since. It's a warrantied deal, so take it back and exchange it for a new one. You won't regret it!
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I've also had trouble with a 21" memorex from walfail, it was the same problem- an overheat. Never took it apart but i'm sure it had a fried board. Now have a 19" 720 Vizio and haven't had one problem.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X