This is kinda cool [hyundai content]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's marketing.
    Be the first company to include an iPad with the purchase of a car, especially with a brand new car that needs attention... and people will talk. It has us talking, doesn't it? Not only are we discussing the ipad manual, but we're also discussing the car itself! There's a possibility that one of the people in this thread my one day buy an Equus... or at least be more likely to wander into a Hyundai dealership and buy SOMETHING. Or, there's a possibility that one of us might mention to our parents about the ipad coming with the Equus, and suddenly dad reveals that he's considering a new car... now he wants to check out this new car.

Not to mention, an interactive manual on an iPad is easy to navigate, capable of offering clearer information than a printed book, and probably more user-friendly than a 3" thick book in the glove box. I'd say it's one of the best ideas ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
      http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-equus.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...e-car-buying/1

i've also read it elsewhere but cannot find the specific article i read.
      I stand corrected.

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
      I swear to you guys these events actually happened and mind you these are sub $25k cars (Accord EX sans Navigtaion and a CR-V with navigtaion), nowadays car's come with ALLOT of warning lights and options..and just working at a dealership (going on almost 2 years) you begin to realize the salesman just SELL the car without explaining the functions of what the car really does.

Think About It? I'm spending $70k and I'm getting a free iPad.
      I don't think people will purposely buy an Equus cause of the iPad. But it is better to have it than a printed version. Times are changing and Hyundai knows that. I give them props for thinking outside the box, at lease for the Equus manual.

People who can afford to purchase a $70k are generally smarter.

Comment

It's a clever way to get people to talk... and it really IS a sensible way to deliver that information.
        Hell, rather than black and white line diagrams showing how to do things, they could offer full 3D animations. They could offer automatic updates to the manual, as manuals DO have typos or confusing wording from time to time. You can't release an automatic update for a paper manual!

Comment

Working...
        X