who has worked in a call center before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
    Here's a question for you call center peoples - Was training more or less interesting than sitting and getting calls on the floor?

How did you resolve angry calls? What was the worst one you got and how did you handle it?

What was the most valuable lesson you learned?
    1.) Less interesting

2.) Always say I can completly undestand, valid point, i can see what you mean, then bammmm!!!!!! Give the a rebuttle like nobodies business.

3.) Patience

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

I've worked in Long distance telephone sales,.. That SUCKED!!

The I sold printer cartridges. That sucked worse!!

Then I worked for PAR technologies (cash register company for Fast Food joints).

I enjoyed this job a lot. There was a high turn over rate of hot girls, The work was easy enough, but could become monotonous. Dealing with the occasional STUPID fast food manager could get frustrating. You HAD to stay calm, friendly and work through the programming issues THEY caused. (usually by NOT following directions). WITHOUT being able to even see their system yourself. It was all asking questions, taking notes, then calmly leading them to a resolution!

The only thing I didn't like about the company was the Corporate RED tape, politics, and the HOURS. (I worked swing shift).

I ended up quitting after a year and a half. Due to overhearing that my employment was ending AFTER the upcoming holiday weekend. Not because I'd done anything wrong. Word had come down from the upper offices (specifically a girl I refused to dates, MOTHER'S office).

I was also told by an old timer working there that I was to educational to the customers(for the guys upstairs).

I still have friends who work there. Personally I went to work for a tiny Solar company. With a WHOPPING 5 employees (all Men). I work WHEN I want, as long as the job gets done,.. No issues WHEN I did it. No corporate bull, no sexual tensions, No HR department.......

Corporate jobs SUCK ASS! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
        Here's a question for you call center peoples - Was training more or less interesting than sitting and getting calls on the floor?

How did you resolve angry calls? What was the worst one you got and how did you handle it?

What was the most valuable lesson you learned?
        The training is much less interesting then the actual job. Its only going to be partially relevant. They're going to try to get you to role play customer interaction, this is mostly useless.

Angry calls ... usually people are "angry" for a reason, just listen to them for a while and let them vent. Look for alternative solutions, and even if there is not immediate solution, help them plan next steps or maybe tell them how you would handle the situation and why. As long as people know that you are doing your best they will usually calm down. Some people wont, and its going to be an escalation, oh well, it hapens. I cant pick a "wost one" but theres been lots of interesting ones. Honestly, they are usually the most fun. Its pretty neat to take someone from a raging ball of hate thats cusring you out on the phone to "thank you so much, Im so glad I called in today and got to talk to you, this is the best service Ive ever had", its a challenge, but its fun.

The most valuable lesson .?.?.. I dunno, stay in school, ha ha ha. On the real, the best lesson (at least while youre there) is "theres always another call" no matter how bad the last one was, theres always another waiting. Personally, I try to learn from every interaction. What went right, what went wrong, and what could be done differently next time that may change the outcome. In a close second .... you get out what you put in. If you go in with a shit attitude, expect it to suck.

If you need anything hit me up with a PM
        Last edited by AstroVannin; 01-18-2011, 07:37 PM.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
        dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Best thing with angry callers, is when you answer the phone you let me vent and say their bit, then you gotta agree with them in a way that doesn't throw either party involved under the bus.

Thats a best practice for any caller, let them say their bit then take over the call. People usually call the 800 numbers with a set thing to say at the ready, and if you let them talk at first they usually reveal important information that you need to troubleshoot the issue, so less questions you have to ask and answer, and the shorter your calls will be.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Good advice!
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

What call center is it?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Working...
              X