X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone 4 goes verizon.

Discuss.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

http://www.engadget.com/apple/verizon-iphone/

Yep it is official.

I was folllowing the live blog for the event here in NYC.

Im excited.....for my wife lol....i can't stand the iphone or Apple so it means not much to me but since we will be going to Verizon i can finally get a powerfull Android device like the new Thunderbolt which streams HD content to your DLNA Tv and records in 1080P lol.

Comment

Eh, I don't care either way. I have an iPhone 4 from AT&T and I'm happy with it. I'd be even happier as soon as they come out with an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1

Comment

I'm tied to att, but this move can help me because att would need to stay competitive. Verizon already has the best android phones, and now they'll have the iPhone too. And from what I read, unlimited data and free hotspot. Beat that att!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
          Eh, I don't care either way. I have an iPhone 4 from AT&T and I'm happy with it. I'd be even happier as soon as they come out with an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1
          what does "untethering" do?

Comment

A tethered jailbreak means that if you have to reboot the phone for whatever reason (reset it, battery dies, whatever) you have to connect the phone to your computer and power it back on and boot it in the "tethered" mode. Whereas untethered, if the battery dies or whatever, you can just charge it and turn the power back on.

I wonder if you can unlock a Verizon iPhone to use on another CDMA network?

Comment

A tethered jailbreak means that if you have to reboot the phone for whatever reason (reset it, battery dies, whatever) you have to connect the phone to your computer and power it back on and boot it in the "tethered" mode. Whereas untethered, if the battery dies or whatever, you can just charge it and turn the power back on.

I wonder if you can unlock a Verizon iPhone to use on another CDMA network?
              See why anyone would go through all that trouble is beyond me.

I rooted my first Android phone and while it was a lot of fun and i got to test out phones before they were even out there was always something that didn't work.

Whether it was BT or the LEDS or whathaveyou.

IMO now, if the phone doesn't do what i need it to do then i won't buy it.

Which is why i would never go to AT&T.

Comment

i've been a Verizon subscriber for at least 5 years now and i honestly have never had any problems with them or their service. Two years ago i had just bought a new Alias 2, a few weeks later i go fishing and i dropped it into the lake. The girl at the store just used the factory warranty and gave me a new one on the spot. I didn't pay for any extra warranty or nothing.

I don't think i'll ever switch to something else because even though i don't work for my last employer anymore, i still have my 18% discount from them.
                Last edited by Leung; 01-11-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                  i've been a Verizon subscriber for at least 5 years now and i honestly have never had any problems with them or their service. Two years ago i had just bought a new Alias 2, a few weeks later i go fishing and i dropped it into the lake. The girl at the store just used the factory warranty and gave me a new one on the spot. I didn't pay for any extra warranty or nothing.

I don't think i'll switch because even though i don't work for my last employer anymore, i still have my 18% discount from them.
                  Why would you switch your already with Verizon?

I think you misread something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Why would you switch your already with Verizon?

I think you misread something.
                    oh no you misunderstood me. I was actually praising Verizon's service. For a while i was thinking of switching to the local phone company because they were offering a family package price, four phones with unlimited texting and internet BUT from everyone i talked to their service sucked outside the city. That and all my friends have Verizon, so i can get away with only 700 minutes a month and never be afraid of going over.

Comment

Oh ok well you said you probably wouldn't switch so i guess im the confused one lol.

Comment

x2.

& HD on these small things just isn't needed IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          Oh ok well you said you probably wouldn't switch so i guess im the confused one lol.
                          There i fixed it so no one else is confused.

Comment

I also read that on the Verizon network you won't be able to surf the web while in a call. And as minimal as that sounds, it's a good feature to have.

Comment

My Rant...

I've been a AT&T Customer since 2002 and owned every iphone model up until now. Personally I think the service and support has been great so far. My only beef was when the 3GS phone first came out and then AT&T phased the older 3G units for $99 to new subscribers. From that point on was when I've noticed lag and more dropped calls in certain areas (SF Bay Area especially) because everyone could afford the iphone at that price. Since the iphone 4 came out, coverage has been improved and I haven't had any dropped calls since. I used to hate having "full bars" and get the dreaded "Doo-doo-doo" tone WTF!

But anyways

My work phone I have a Verizon Blackberry Storm 1. Personally I think the coverage was pretty good... I never had any dropped calls bad signal problems in the areas I normally dwell in. But now my company opted for iphones when we changed our workstations to all apple products (go figure).

Now This is where I think Apple messed up.

The CDMA iphone should have been made a "world phone" just like how the Blackberry Storm 1&2 was designed. I think this would've made the phone worth more being CDMA+GSM but then again I believe Apple flakes on revisions on the iphone purposely to cater to a service providers exclusiveness and also put $ in their own pocket for an excuse to add the feature to a future iphone "X" Honestly don't plan on taking this phone to another country like the Philippines where it's all GSM.

The iphone 4 is my last iphone I will purchase. I mean honestly what can apple do to this phone now? More memory and cpu speed won't do it for me. Remember 3G and a front facing camera should've been on the iphone 2G.

My next phone will be an Android and more likely the Playstation Phone. To me that would be the perfect balance for me since I play lots of games/emus currently on my iphone.

I will laugh when the Verizon iphone gets jailbroken and "flashed" to Metro PCS. I know it's bound to happen! Hmm $50dollars a month unlimited data/web? Whats cool about flashed phones is that Metro PCS doesn't know whats on their network. I have a motorola dumb phone IMEI paying the base rate for my Storm. People talk shit about Metro PCS but their service seems to do just nicely in NorCal. (I have 3 active phones)

iPhone 4 16GB AT&T
                              iphone 3GS 32GB T-mobile network with SMART Philippines Roaming SIM
                              Blackberry Storm Verizon flashed to Metro PCS

Conclusion:

Every carrier will have their pros and cons... Features, coverage or $$$ bill wise you have to get the right service that balances your lifestyle and whereabouts. Where I normally am in NorCal, I have more problems with T-Mobile at my work around the I-505 area...so T-mobile imo i could care less for.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                              JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                              1994 Prelude V-Tec
                              1999 CL 3.0
                              2000 Prelude
                              2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                              1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                              1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"