Weird Words...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Words...

Im gonna go out on a limb here and share a tick of mine... Whenever I say or hear certain words, I repeat them in my head, or quietly, if no one's around and they begin to sound funny or weird. Does anyone else do this? Like that scene from Black Sheep, where David Spade and Chris Farley are in the suped-up cop car and the NOS is leaking and they're talking about the word "road" sounding funny....Anyway. I do that, lol. Not alot, but I still come across words that sound funny, to me.

Here's a few:

Yellow
    Orgasm
    Reciprocate
    Funnel
    Absorb

Im weird, I know.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

philanthropist
    amoeba
    nucleous
    coagulate
    scab

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

amoeba is a weird word...

dildo, always gets to me. that and munch. that word makes me uncomfortable

life is good.

Comment

Coagulate and scab are weird. Dildo is, too. Munch doesnt seem weird to me.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Hiccup.

Comment

Whats that movie where chris farley is driving that cop car with nitrous and it leaks into the car. Then he is like whats up with the word Road. I mean if you say it slow it is Row- Adds.

edit: Black sheep
            Last edited by JDM_CB7_TX; 12-31-2010, 12:10 PM.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

purple, purple, purple, purple, purple, purple, purple, purple.....
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Parachute
                nerve
                slinky
                dome
                felacio

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

I think just about every word referring to something/ doing something is weird. I always wonder how the heck they came up with these words.. One day some guy was like ooh heres a cucumber in juice.. im calling it a pickle.. and then he got everyone to start calling it and bam.. now we have pickles... LOL
                  You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                  Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Happens to me sometimes...Never a specific word or set of words, I'll just hear some random word and end up repeating it in my head and suddenly it sounds "funny" for no reason. You start to wonder why that word even relates to the object it names.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

pus=yellowish slime.
                      rash=reddish itch

like who gets/got to name this stuff.say pus, its weird as it gets .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                        Whats that movie where chris farley is driving that cop car with nitrous and it leaks into the car. Then he is like whats up with the word Road. I mean if you say it slow it is Row- Adds.
                        edit: Black sheep
                        Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        Like that scene from Black Sheep, where David Spade and Chris Farley are in the suped-up cop car and the NOS is leaking and they're talking about the word "road" sounding funny

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                        purple, purple, purple, purple, purple, purple, purple, purple.....
                        Yes!

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                        nerve
                        felacio
                        Those are weird.

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                        I think just about every word referring to something/ doing something is weird. I always wonder how the heck they came up with these words.. One day some guy was like ooh heres a cucumber in juice.. im calling it a pickle.. and then he got everyone to start calling it and bam.. now we have pickles... LOL
                        That's exactly what I do! I hear it and it sounds weird but then I start wondering who came up with this stuff. Like who was in charge or giving things names or assigning words to things, lol.

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                        pus
                        That IS a weird one.

Comment

indubitably !!!!!
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

dubious
                            incognito
                            radius
                            carrot
                            artichoce
                            cilantro

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

cumin ( a spice)
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X