X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oval pistons?

can't be serious.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Oval pistons have been around for years, alot of bikes used to use them.

That particular picture looks like a 4 cylinder V8 equivalent.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

looks like tons of displacement.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

8 valves per cylinder lol.

Comment

That looks very promising.

Comment

And the internal combustion engine lives on.

Comment

Rotating mass

with the rotating mass of a 16 cylinder LOL

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

i believe this is only a honda motorcycle thing
                You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Those pistons are from this:

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    Those pistons are from this:

I wanna put that on a gokart!
                    -Will

Comment

I was about to say, I;d love to see the black those go to. That engine is ridiculous. I'd love to see that in a car. What's the motor code for those who wanna do research?

Comment

hmmm

can you say low end torque because I can.

Maybe this was honda's come back to the "my lug nuts have more torque than your honda" statement

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Imagine cramming that in a CB and showing it off to the muscle car guys.

"What do you mean, 'Its a four-cylinder'?"

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

I'm rather impressed by this and want to see it in action. And what it sounds like.

Comment

Honda's NR (New Racing) V-four motorcycle engine series started in 1979 with the 500cc NR500 Grand Prix racer that used oval pistons [1]. This was followed during the 1980s by a 750cc endurance racer version known as the NR750. The oval piston concept allowed for eight valves per cylinder which generated more power due to the increased air/fuel mixture throughput and compression. In 1992 Honda produced around 300 street versions of a 750cc model, the NR (often mistakenly referred to as the NR750), with a 90-degree V angle. Whereas the NR500 had used an oval piston with straight sides, the road going NR750 used an elliptical piston with curved long sides. The bike became the most expensive production bike at the time when it was selling for $50,000 and with the rarity, nowadays they rarely change hands.

Some more info:

The engine is an oval-pistoned V-4 unit and is the only production bike to incorporate this system, developed by Honda to yield V-8 performance from an engine with half the cylinders. The NR750 was also the first production motorcycle to feature carbon fiber and titanium as standard composite parts.

It produced 130 HP.

Its a honda motorcycle engine.

heres a video of the bike with it running
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZQq2Ig_xw
                              You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                              Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Working...
                              X