Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the cheapest way to ship a bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the cheapest way to ship a bumper?

What's up CB7!

I recently recieved some money for a Rear Corvetter C4 bumper that I had up on sale on some Corvette forums. I want to get some advice on the cheapest way to ship this thing. I've done some research and the cheapest options are either GrayHound or USPS. My question is should I waste money buying a huge custom box, or ive heard of people using foam wrapping to ship bumpers........ Any advice would be helpful, either way imma go get some quotes on some boxes, but i wanna know if you guys know about that foam stuff and how to go about shipping a bumper.....

Thanks
    Snooze!

first.. go around to local body shops and see if you can find a box that can work.. if not, just protect the edges/corners of the bumper with cardboard and wrap the shit out of it with bubble wrap and tape..

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
      first.. go around to local body shops and see if you can find a box that can work.. if not, just protect the edges/corners of the bumper with cardboard and wrap the shit out of it with bubble wrap and tape..
      for sure, that sounds like a good idea, its freaken huge though, its a Corvette C4 rear bumper..... hopefuly it doesnt exceed USPS shipping sizes cuz thats definetly the cheapest way to ship

Comment

How far are you shipping it?

Comment

be very careful, thats fiberglass there and the USPS and fiberglass dont mix too well
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

As mentioned above, protect the edges and corners. Maybe get one of those swimming water noodle things, cut it up and put it around the edges and corners, then wrap it in lots of bubble wrap and tape it up really well?

Comment

not going to fit with greyhound. our c5 hatch barely fit but it was only 40 bucks
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Shipping it to AR from CA

Comment

Ah, crap. I was gonna say... if it's not going too far (as many Craigslist sales are local), I'd say just drive it... but yeah, too far!

The safest method would be to crate it... but that would certainly increase shipping costs.
                  Are C4s really that rare in AL that someone needs to buy a bumper from CA? There are C4s rotting away all over the place around here!

Comment

It's going from Arkansas, not Alabama.

C'mon man! haha

Comment

my bad its from CA to AR

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                        It's going from Arkansas, not Alabama.

C'mon man! haha
                        Gimme a break... I just woke up.

Either way... one of those states filled with people that have never seen an ocean.

Comment

If the guy was willing to pay the gas to drive out, i'm saying road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            not going to fit with greyhound. our c5 hatch barely fit but it was only 40 bucks
                            i shipped my old black cb bumper with a lewgend lip attached thru the Hound couples year back. I just wrapped it in shrink wrap and off it went
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

take several boxes, open all of them, and tape the top of one box to the bottom of the next box and continue until its the right length! then fill with packing peanuts and mail it away!
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X