Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robber uses craigslist decoys

http://news.cnet.com/bank-robber-hir...subj=TheSocial

In an elaborate robbery scheme that's one part The Thomas Crowne Affair and one part Pineapple Express, a crook robbed an armored truck outside a Bank of America branch in Monroe, Wash., by hiring decoys through Craigslist to deter authorities.
    It gets better: He then escaped in a creek headed for the Skykomish River in an inner tube, and the cops are still looking for him. "A great amount of money" was taken, Monroe police said, but did not provide a dollar value.
    It appears to have unfolded this way, according to a Seattle-based NBC affiliate: around 11:00 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, the robber, wearing a yellow vest, safety goggles, a blue shirt, and a respirator mask went over to a guard who was overseeing the unloading of cash to the bank from the truck. He sprayed the guard with pepper spray, grabbed his bag of money, and fled the scene.
    But here's the hilarious twist. The robber had previously put out a Craigslist ad for road maintenance workers, promising wages of $28.50 per hour. Recruits were asked to wait near the Bank of America right around the time of the robbery--wearing yellow vests, safety goggles, a respirator mask, and preferably a blue shirt. At least a dozen of them showed up after responding to the Craigslist ad.
    "I came across the ad that was for a prevailing wage job for $28.50 an hour," one of the unwitting decoys, named Mike, said to the NBC station. As it turns out, they were simply placed there to confuse cops who were looking for a guy wearing a virtually identical outfit.
    Authorities eventually found the getaway inner tube (a getaway inner tube!) and suspect that accomplices may have picked up the robber in a boat. According to the NBC affiliate, police hope to track him down by figuring out who posted the Craigslist ad in the first place.
    Craigslist founder Craig Newmark was not immediately available for comment.
    -Will

that is fucking awesome. the brightest idea ever...and a happy christmas to that robber too for pulling it off.

Although I wonder if it ever occured to him that the money he probably lifted is already tracked in the system ala serial numbers.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

movie anyone ?

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

this is kinda lol
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

That's pure genius.

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

i always liked smart robbers
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

thats some great shit

Comment

Beats the hell out of this guy http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../16151351.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                  That is just sheer stupidity.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

washington does it best yet again
                    峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Great heist.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Yusssss.

Comment

He deserves to keep the money. Fucking genius.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

He did it right. Quick, confusing, clean... Didn't try for more than one bag of cash. Smart man!

I love how Craig wasn't available for comment... what the hell is he gonna say? "yup, people can post ads on my site."

Comment

That's definitely well played out. Wtf is an inner tube? LoL

Glad no one was hurt. Aside from the pepper sprayed guard..

Comment

Working...
                              X