**Texting Rant Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Texting Rant Thread**

I was gonna make this about one particular problem I have but then I figured, what the hell, let's let everyone complain....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate when I dont respond to someone, either because Im busy or just dont wanna continue the convo, and they double-text me. They re-send the last message they sent me, as if to make sure I got it. I GOT IT!! Im just fucking busy or Im done talking. Christ. Lol.

Anyone else have any pet peeves about texting?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

people that text "ok" or "k" after a long story texted to them.

Comment

I hate when I get texts, or even instant messages, that are just a few words... one after another in rapid succession. Type out your whole thought and send me ONE message!

"hey bro"
      "check it out"
      "remember that girl"
      "the one with the herpes?"
      "i hooked up with her last night"
      "i think"
      "I"
      "have herpes"

Comment

Amen to that... And to top it off when you tell them you are busy they get all butt hurt..... WTF! I am busy living life and don't want to take 20 minutes out of my day to text you when I can tell you everything within 5 minutes!

Get off my nutts!

edit: Only you can bring that to the table to enlighten us Deev. Moral of the story.... Always Spay and Neuter your pets!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Who remembers life without cell phones?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
            Anyone else have any pet peeves about texting?
            Hmmmm....

I hate when I dont respond to someone, either because Im busy or just dont wanna continue the convo, and they double-text me.
            Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
            people that text "ok" or "k"
            Yeah, those nailed it.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I hate that rapidfire shit, too. I get it alot on FaceBook IM. I cant stand it when it's text. Im busy trying to respond to the first message and i get 6 more whilst im replying to the first. Wtf?

Some people i prefer to text or have to text cuz they dont have minutes or Im at work or a place where i cant talk. But sometimes, they just dont get it. I get those, "you there?" "You ok?" "you mad?" "why arent you talking to me now?" "ok ill just leave you alone.."

I hate that shit!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I do. But there was IM. I didnt get a cell phone until '02 or '03. But I remember passing actual hand-written notes to chicks in high school. I remember the days of calling a buddy's house and his mom answering and her yelling for him, lol. Once cell phones came around, there was no need for any of that. Once they came out, you could call them directly. Now, society is so accepting of texting that it's all people do. Fuck calling people; text them.

Look at all the cell phone plans now; UNLTD text, pics, net and nts/wkends and like 200 minutes for like $50. Cuz all people do is text, pic, websurf and call on the nights and weekends, lol. It's turning into a thing thats fucking people up. It ranks right up there with FaceBook and all that other crap. I saw a study on kids ages 12-18, and it said something like kids who texted or IM'ed more than 200 times a day, were like 3 times more likely to have done, or tried "dangerous behavior", i.e; sex, drugs, illegal activity. I believe it's true bu ti wouldnt blame it on the networking tools.

sorry, offtopic, lol.

Comment

When you get some drawn out 8-10 message text (still have my Blackjack II ) that could have been solved with a 3min phone call.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Lol, Im guilty of that. I try to keep my messages to 1-150 character message but sometimes I have a lot to say, obviously, lol. If it's the wifey, or someone who I know can receive the whole thing all at once, ill do it, but if they have an older phone, ill try to space it apart appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I sure do. I kinda miss it but try being without it and see what happens.

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                        people that text "ok" or "k" after a long story texted to them.
                        I hate that rapidfire shit, too. I get it alot on FaceBook IM. I cant stand it when it's text. Im busy trying to respond to the first message and i get 6 more whilst im replying to the first. Wtf?

Some people i prefer to text or have to text cuz they dont have minutes or Im at work or a place where i cant talk. But sometimes, they just dont get it. I get those, "you there?" "You ok?" "you mad?" "why arent you talking to me now?" "ok ill just leave you alone.."
                        Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                        When you get some drawn out 8-10 message text (still have my Blackjack II ) that could have been solved with a 3min phone call.
                        All of this, basically. And of course when you're bored out your mind, your phone's not getting anything. Once you're busy as hell, you're phone's blowing up like no tomorrow.

Comment

You must really hate that Soulja Boy song then.

This.

Right here.

Is My.

Swag.

All.

The Girls.

Are on Me.

Damn.

And so on and so forth.

=p

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                            You must really hate that Soulja Boy song then.
                            Ask Jules...

This. Right here. Is my. Japa. Rican. swag.

Comment

I hate texting in general.it's only good for a small thing like "

" did you feed the dogs? "

Not

" hey my car wont start, text me diagnostics. "

Comment

Working...
                              X