19" dell lcd monitor
    internals:
    GeForce 8500GT video card
    Western digital WD caviar SE internal hard drive
    Not completely sure of the motherboard..it says ECS on it
    my case fans are raidmax
    and my CPU cooler is star tech
    and my disk drive is a HP dvd840

I geuss this isnt a horrible set up? my dad built it for me about 4 years ago with spare parts from his work.
    But now I am looking to upgrade. I want a fast computer for, videos,internet browsing, and maybe a game or two.

So for you computer gurus please help me lol,

Thanks,
    Bucky
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

whats your price point?

and are you looking for a complete system?? monitor and tower?

Comment

you didn't list anything important besides your video card. that's really not enough info. i have no idea what kind of computer you have after reading your list.

for internet and video, you more than likely don't need to upgrade anything. you can watch videos and surf the web at lighting fast speeds on ~8year old hardware that people throw in the garbage

and for gaming, the best way to find out is run the game you want to play on your machine and if you aren't satisfied with how it runs - upgrade.

Comment

whats your budget? what is the computer going to be used for?

Comment

i dont really know where to price it at. So i want quality but not over 600? I have a case and the monitor so i just want to upgrade/replace the internals on my tower
          You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
          Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
            you didn't list anything important besides your video card. that's really not enough info. i have no idea what kind of computer you have after reading your list.

for internet and video, you more than likely don't need to upgrade anything. you can watch videos and surf the web at lighting fast speeds on ~8year old hardware that people throw in the garbage

and for gaming, the best way to find out is run the game you want to play on your machine and if you aren't satisfied with how it runs - upgrade.
            What more info do you need? I am not a genius when it comes to computers so tell me what more you need and I will find it out

Comment

here's a quicky(thats what she said)

the total with tax and shipping is $559. of course the system can be adjusted easily. i picked good but less expensive components so you can get an idea of what it can cost. you can of course always get a better system.

Comment

$412 shipped.

athlon quad 3ghz
                xigmatek 120mm cooler
                4gb ddr3 1600
                msi full atx am3 mobo
                gtx 260 video card
                575w psu

thats $200 under your budget. you can easily throw some money towards a better videocard or cpu. or spend it on a new 24" lcd monitor.

Comment

Wow building computers can get expensive especially with all the stuff i picked to put in lol.. I think ill just tell my dad to build me one and ill pay for the parts lol.. That's the plus side of having a computer technician for a dad

Comment

We really need more info about your machine. Does it use AGP or PCI-E for video? How much ram, what type, and how much do you have in it? Is it maxed? What kind of CPU socket is it? Is it maxed?
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                      We really need more info about your machine. Does it use AGP or PCI-E for video? How much ram, what type, and how much do you have in it? Is it maxed? What kind of CPU socket is it? Is it maxed?
                      i have 2GB of ram i have a Intel core 2 duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz is what my systems say i have lol. system type: 32-bit operating system

thats the information from my control panel. dont know if that helps at all

Comment

Well a good upgrade would be to get the 64 bit verion of Win 7. You may also be able to overclock your CPU a bit. If 2gb of ram is your max then you're stuck but if you can upgrade to 4gb then that's what you should do too.

The last option is to upgrade your video card. You don't NEED a new system. Or, if you "do", then I'll buy your old one. :P
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

i'll see what my dad thinks. He told me that its a decent set up but its no where near amazing

Comment

just go on newegg.com and look for good deals.
                            i got a nice machine for 420bucks there about 7months ago:

-brand new very nice tower, already put together w/ very nice cpu fan
                            -a drive that reads 5 different types of the little "smart" cards from phones, cameras..etc
                            -6gb ddr3 ram
                            -1tb hard drive
                            -athlonII x4 2.8ghz
                            -win7 64bit home premium
                            for 420 bucks you can't beat that.. and that was 7months ago too..
                            -then i trew an ATI HD3850 gpu i had laying around in it and it plays basically any game.
                            it's a really fast machine.
                            sure, you can buy top-of-the-line shit and end up spending 2Gs on a computer, but do you really need it?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                              just go on newegg.com and look for good deals.
                              i got a nice machine for 420bucks there about 7months ago:

-brand new very nice tower, already put together w/ very nice cpu fan
                              -a drive that reads 5 different types of the little "smart" cards from phones, cameras..etc
                              -6gb ddr3 ram
                              -1tb hard drive
                              -athlonII x4 2.8ghz
                              -win7 64bit home premium
                              for 420 bucks you can't beat that.. and that was 7months ago too..
                              -then i trew an ATI HD3850 gpu i had laying around in it and it plays basically any game.
                              it's a really fast machine.
                              sure, you can buy top-of-the-line shit and end up spending 2Gs on a computer, but do you really need it?
                              LOL at 3850 playing any game.

Try playing Metro 2033. That shit cripples my 5870, and I have 8GB of memory and a Core i7...
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X