napa doesnt carry moog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

napa doesnt carry moog?

I have been trying to get some tie rod outer ends for my accord and napa online doesnt show a MOOG brand. I went there and they said they had to order it and it will be there in a day, never showed. So they assured me they will get it this time, no call. They wouldt even let me prepay for it, they said if it doesnt come and I prepaid then its their fault, NO SHIT.

Irritating.

I dont trust any other product line for ball joints or tie rods BUT moog. They have a "napa select" line but its over 2x the amount when I know moog is good.

Anyone know anywere else but online that has it?

Im going there tomorrow to bitch.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

I was just looking at Energy Suspension's website not even 2 minutes ago and they have Moog tie rod ends

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...da+Accord+1990

Comment

Pretty sure rock auto carries moog

Comment

What's ironic is that Napa sells it for 20 a piece where other companies sells It for 42. That's weird.

Does anyone have another brand they went with that is good?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Advanced has them(moog)... upper control arm $80, lbj $16 through my account.

List for a retail customer was high though...

Comment

rockauto

Comment

napa in sacramento are assholes.

Today I went there to ask where my part was, and they said there was none on order. Then they talked to the guy who I origionally talked to and he said yes we have them (I wonderd why he didnt call me like he said) and it was some other brand. Im like thats not MOOG. They said "we dont carry moog" And im like well I asked for moog, and he said that he will order me the Moog brand.

So they said that the product they are showing me is "reboxed moog" and I go how can you confirm that, does it say on the box? They said no, then I go "well then for all your telling me it may not be what I wanted"

They go "we are sorry"
              Then I said "you gotta understand my frustration, I been trying to order parts since monday, and I had to come on wendsdaY to find out where it was, then had to wait till friday till all the parts came, and for you to tell me that you guys didnt even carry moog (after he said he will get me moog) and to have me wait is a waste of time. If someoen told me right away that there was no moog I would of orderd it elsewhere"

So the origional guy didnt want to talk to me and stayed at the other end of the table. I wasnt yelling but talking in a very firm voice (because I believe yelling doesnt get anywhere).

The guy who origionally talked to also said "oh I didnt realize you wanted a moog product" AND I go, well I didnt ask for a MOOg wanna be part!

I asked for the coorporates number, and im going to call on monday. If anything I want a formal appology, and maybe their highest line for 20 bucks (the price I was supposed to pay for moog). I want the guy who helped me to appologize dearly, cause he seemed like an ass.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

dude, napa sucks.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Emailed their headquarters. You guys would be surprised on how many corporate people read these and how they get very pissy about bad reviews.

*******Its long but here it is*********

Being a car guy I periodically work on my cars to keep them maintained. I usually shop at other stores but from what I understood was that Napa had great parts and great service.

Monday December 13
                  I called near their closing time, around 5pm and asked about some Outer Tie Rods for my 91 Honda accord. I requested for the "Moog" brand. The guy on the phone was nice, and said he can get it by Wednesday. I confirmed that it was the "Moog" brand I was looking for. He offered me another brand that was about the same price (~$25) but I was set on "Moog". I asked if I can prepay over the phone, and he said that wasn’t necessary.

Wednesday December 15
                  Went to Napa around noon to pick up my parts. Come to find that only 1 of the 2 tie rods came in. He said possibly someone just picked it up off the shelf and sold it. I was disappointed but what can I do, I asked if he can order another one. He said there is one at some Folsom store, but I wasn’t going to drive. I requested for Carlton to order it and I offered to pay. Carlton also asked me if I wanted to pick up the one that was in stock, I said no I will pay when I get everything. However Carlton explained that I cannot prepay for the unit that was to be ordered. He claimed that if I prepay for the unit and it doesn’t come in, then it makes them look bad. I then asked again if I can prepay for it, so someone cannot pick it up off the shelf and sell it. He said no. So I said “well what guarantee do I have that no one will sell it?” He shrugged his shoulders. So this time I left my phone number and he said he will call me as soon as it comes in on Friday. I also asked about MOOG tie rods for my 99 mercury villager, they said those are order and around 21 bucks a piece. I said lets hold off on those.

Friday December 17
                  -no call, didn’t go in for the benefit of a doubt that maybe it might take another day.

Saturday December 18
                  I went to Napa again and Carlton was with another customer. I talked to the assistant supervisor, Valerie, and explained I had parts on order. She told me that there was nothing on order. She asked Carlton if there was something on order and he didn’t remember. I explained that I left my phone number, and then he said maybe it’s on the back shelf. She came out with only 1 of the 2 tie rods again. She said "it looks like only one of them came in” and I explained that is impossible because that unit that she had on hand was the unit that was the same unit that was there on Monday. I looked at the unit and it wasn’t the one I wanted, it was a different brand at the same price, but not the MOOG brand that I requested on Monday, and Wednesday. She said "we don’t carry moog” I explained that should be impossible because Carlton ordered me Moog. She said there is no way because it’s a product that isn’t carried in the store. When she confronted him from across the counter (he stayed on one side of the counter) he said "oh yeah those are made my moog". I explained to him, I wanted Moog tie rods, and that’s what I said 2 times in a row in the previous days. He said "oh I didn’t realize you wanted the Moog brand, these are just like moog and are re-boxed moog’s". After he said that it was disappointing because I had no way to confirm that the "made in Taiwan" was a moog unit. I told him I specifically asked for moog, and he said "I thought you wanted the Moog type replacements". I told him "I didn’t want some generic moog, I wanted Moog." He was trying to sell me these tie rods and CLAIM that they are moog when really they were not. I asked the assistant supervisor if she can confirm that the product she had was moog just re-boxed, she said she had no proof

After waiting for 5 days, and driving back and forth to the location, if they never ever carried moog, then why was I lied to each time I requested them (Monday on the phone, and wends day in person). Why didn’t they tell me they DID NOT CARRY MOOG? I had to wait 5 days to find out that it isn’t even a MOOG product and wasted my time, and gas.

The assistant supervisor could only apologize; however Carlton didn’t even want to speak with me and stayed at the other side of the counter.

Personally working in customer service, if I made a mistake I will be the first one there explaining to the customer why I made a mistake. It only shows respect when you take care if an accident, and it makes the company look great. But Carlton talking from the other end of the table and not even talking to me directly was very disrespectful.

On top of that, what happened to my product that I ordered on Wednesday, did it ever come in, did they ever pick it up for me, and would they have ever called me if it did come in? Did someone sell it?

It’s amazing how a company that has been around for a long time couldn’t take care of me nor explain to me why I was lied to. It appalls me also because of the lack of respect that I was treated with. It was almost like I was a customer who they didn’t care about, and couldn’t even give me a courtesy call. Do I have to spend over a couple hundred dollars to get good customer service and not get the run around for a week? Why do I have to come and attempt to see if my parts are available, when they could have called me to let me know the situation? Doesn’t Napa want my money?

If they didn’t carry moog, then tell me why is it when I asked on Wednesday if they can get me MOOG replacement tie rods for my 99 mercury villager Carlton said yes but he has to order it….

I believe I can get better service at Wal-Mart, even though they have almost no automotive knowledge, at least they can tell me if they can or cannot order a product on the spot. And for sure they will be honest and let me know exactly what I want, and get exactly what I need.

The assistant supervisor gave me the District manager’s number but honestly I am so aggravated and disappointed that just talking about it will upset me more. How would you feel if you came to a Lexus dealer ship and I sold you a Toyota saying that it’s the same parts? Wouldn’t you feel cheated, and disrespected?

I wish I got an apology from Carlton, and a reason. They didn’t even offer to make the situation right. What faith do I have in this company in the future, will I ever shop at Napa Auto Parts, nope. Will I tell my automotive friends about this, you bet.

According to the website “Napa auto Parts classification-a unique computerized inventory control system to help you find the exact part that you need” “…and 94% of do-it-yourself customers recognize the NAPA brand name.” I can see that people recognizes the name, however I hope they recognize the service.

What really comes into question is Napa’s pride. It is listed on the website that their values include Customer focus, expectation & results, Adaptability & credibility, prudent risk, Team effort, Attention to detail, Integrity & honesty, Pride. I honestly will tell you right now that each and every single one of those values was not met in my visits.

I hope someone is reading this and has an open mind. I hope that whoever is reading this will realize that he is employing a staff that has no respect for a customer or the values that NAPA AUTO PARTS stand behind. I work in the smog industry and I have clientele in many places, I bet those customers would love to hear about my experience.

I thank you for your time.

Assistant manager: Valerie De La Torre

Address:
                  Napa Auto & truck parts
                  4255 Power Inn Rd
                  Sacramento, Ca 95826
                  Phone: 9164529793

District managers name that was given to me with phone number: Brian Davis (916)567 0700 ext 0
                  I think I hit the spot

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Advance Auto Parts keeps MOOG in stock.. but if you're in Cali, I'm pretty sure there are no Advance'...

Comment

Working...
                    X