UPS dun goofed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS dun goofed

Yesterday, my Wife and I ordered our train tickets for our honeymoon to the tune of about $350-$400. Before we ordered we asked the company if they'd be delivered by today. They checked with UPS and said that UPS guaranteed we'd have it today.

Guess who doesn't have the package... us.

Here's the tracking:
    CONCORD, ON, CA 17/12/2010 9:33 THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
    MISSISSAUGA, ON, CA 17/12/2010 7:00 ARRIVAL SCAN
    17/12/2010 7:00 ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
    LOUISVILLE, KY, US 17/12/2010 5:24 DEPARTURE SCAN
    17/12/2010 1:40 EXPORT SCAN
    17/12/2010 1:01 ARRIVAL SCAN
    CHICAGO, IL, US 16/12/2010 22:44 DEPARTURE SCAN
    16/12/2010 21:35 ARRIVAL SCAN
    NORTHBROOK, IL, US 16/12/2010 20:58 DEPARTURE SCAN
    16/12/2010 19:57 ORIGIN SCAN
    US 16/12/2010 17:17 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    So within 12 hours in the US it went from IL to KY and possibly even from NY since that's where the company we ordered from is from. Then it hits Canada and they somehow push through 'adverse weather' to get to Concord... where it sat FOR 12 FUCKING HOURS?!

There is no storm or anything that could have even delayed traffic. It's sure as hell not flown in from toronto to Peterborough.

So I've been on the phone for nearly 90 minutes now. Dealt with one guy who more or less took 15 minute breaks to say "I can't do anything" and now I'm on with the supervisor who is telling me the same thing.

The package is rescheduled for delivery on Monday... a full day after we leave. Now they're telling me that their Toronto warehouse is closed on sat and sunday. OVER CHRISTMAS?! The UPS warehouse for the fifth largest city in North America is closed over the weekend before christmas. Seriously?

I'll admit that we should have ordered sooner. That's our mistake. But we checked with the company and that company checked with UPS. There is no weather. They dun goofed.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

So that means cb7tuner has an extra few more days before the inevitable crash?

Comment

We're leaving with or without the train tickets. Heads are going to roll if I have to call people tomorrow though.
      My Car

Comment

Yeah, I have NO faith in UPS whatsoever. Last Christmas they delivered all of my packages to the wrong address, they did the exact same thing the year before. Last year I was super pissed. They delivered my 9293 1 piece headlights, a Kenwood Excelon head unit, some perfume for the wife, and a couple other things to the wrong address. Luckily the lady that got the stuff was nice enough to hold onto it and upon me showing up, she gave it all to me, I of course had to identify who I was and what I was expecting.

Comment

I just love how the word "guarantee" means absolutely nothing these days. In-fuckin-credible.
          My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
            Yesterday, my Wife and I ordered our train tickets for our honeymoon to the tune of about $350-$400. Before we ordered we asked the company if they'd be delivered by today. They checked with UPS and said that UPS guaranteed we'd have it today.

Guess who doesn't have the package... us.

Here's the tracking:

So within 12 hours in the US it went from IL to KY and possibly even from NY since that's where the company we ordered from is from. Then it hits Canada and they somehow push through 'adverse weather' to get to Concord... where it sat FOR 12 FUCKING HOURS?!

There is no storm or anything that could have even delayed traffic. It's sure as hell not flown in from toronto to Peterborough.

So I've been on the phone for nearly 90 minutes now. Dealt with one guy who more or less took 15 minute breaks to say "I can't do anything" and now I'm on with the supervisor who is telling me the same thing.

The package is rescheduled for delivery on Monday... a full day after we leave. Now they're telling me that their Toronto warehouse is closed on sat and sunday. OVER CHRISTMAS?! The UPS warehouse for the fifth largest city in North America is closed over the weekend before christmas. Seriously?

I'll admit that we should have ordered sooner. That's our mistake. But we checked with the company and that company checked with UPS. There is no weather. They dun goofed.
            i work in the louisville hub, the adverse weather is for there. we had some pretty bad weather all this week.

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

No worries at all! The problem wasn't with you guys it was with the Toronto hub where my package sat since 9am. Now it's in a truck, parked, and won't be moving until Monday.

They tried to give me $400 in free shipping. Maybe we can UPS ourselves around Finland
              My Car

Comment

No worries at all! The problem wasn't with you guys it was with the Toronto hub where my package sat since 9am. Now it's in a truck, parked, and won't be moving until Monday.

They tried to give me $400 in free shipping. Maybe we can UPS ourselves around Finland
                gotcha, i dont know how big the facility is up there but i know during this time of year our volume is up 60%, from around 16 million packages in the entire UPS system to around 24-25 million. i know the louisville hub alone sorted 1.2 million packages a night from wednesday night to friday night. next week is going to be hell as im double shifting plus doing my own shift...

My Members Ride Thread
                Originally posted by deevergote
                You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
                  i work in the louisville hub, the adverse weather is for there. we had some pretty bad weather all this week.
                  we got NO airs from louisville on thursday and just delivered airs with grounds all day long. they even browned up some of the preloaders to help get packages delivered.
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I just love how the word "guarantee" means absolutely nothing these days. In-fuckin-credible.
                    Guaranteed shipping means it gets there when they say it will, barring unforseen circumstances, or the shipper gets their money back. It has always meant that. No one can promise you that absolutely nothing will happen that can prevent a package from arriving on time. The real dipstick here is whoever was loading the truck in Concord and didn't put the (i assume) express envelope on there.
                    And UPS facilities are always closed to customers on weekends.

Comment

Working...
                    X