Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling in sick

Always bites me in the ass.

I rarely use it when Im actually sick.....and then when I am sick I cant use it cuz I already burned a few too many sick days recently.

Youd think Id learn my lesson

Not likely but its amusing to think about it.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Originally posted by King James View Post
    Always bites me in the ass.

I rarely use it when Im actually sick.....and then when I am sick I cant use it cuz I already burned a few too many sick days recently.

Youd think Id learn my lesson

Not likely but its amusing to think about it.
    i use to have the same issue years ago but im reformed, i rarely call out from work even if im sick or not
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

The last time I called out, I actually was sick and not even ten minutes after I called in, the head store manager called me to ask me why I was calling out. From now on I'm going in, sick or not. If anything I'll ask to be sent home early since that apparently isn't frowned upon by them.

Comment

My job in Japan didn't allow sick days... That was great. Luckily I was never really sick.

It's always better to go in looking sick so they know you're dedicated.
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

i was sick on friday and we ended up going home at noon so it was perfect. i even got paid for four hours that day and rested.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I rarely take sick days, mostly cuz I cant afford to, and I dont really get sick.

Heck, in a year and a half at my job, I've called in sick once. I even worked for 6 months with a sprained ankle...and I work on construction sites all day.

Comment

I have 130 hours of sick time at the moment that I could use if I wanted, but I always feel bad calling in so I rarely ever do it lol

Comment

no sick days left and if i call in its a warning letter in my file
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

If I call in sick they don't offer sick pay.... So if you miss you just miss. Manager is cool as shit but don't wanna push it. Missed a week straight because my chick was in the hospital.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                  PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

I can book sick every 28 days.....I can be off for up to 3 days with no doctors note required and when I call in all I have to do is call an automated system

With past jobs I used to dread talking to a manager so Id just deal with being sick....but now its obvsiously not a problem...and I used to feel bad in past jobs for leaving others short handed....but Im on a list to get called into work...so if Im not available to work theyll just call the next guy on the list.

All these reasons make it very tempting to call in for minor reasons....but next year Im gonna try and hold off on the sick days....I dont get paid so at the end of the day Im only hurting myself.....specially when I actually become sick and have to work in minus 20 degree weather.

Comment

i got 0 sick days. if i call in sick, i loose 80 bucks
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Two weeks vacation, two weeks PBA, all paid.

But only 3 months ago, I wasn't getting benefits, paid time off, holiday pay, etc; it makes me very leary to use any of my time off, because my brain is trained to think time off = no pay.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                          i got 0 sick days. if i call in sick, i loose 80 bucks
                          same, one thing that sucks about getting paid under the table. however the amount of money that i can make is pretty amazing when you compare it to paycheck and taxes.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i've had 0 sick days in the past 10 months. huh. maybe i should try as well, get a free day off. i think it's better to show up for work if you're truly feeling under the weather. boot all over your boss; and then i'm sure @ that point he'll send ya home

life is good.

Comment

I can never go home if I show up for work sick.....I work outdoors and I at most work with 2 other people....and even then I dont spend much time around them.....I never see my boss(s)...so if I show up....Im there for 8 hours

Comment

Working...
                              X