ROH vs. 5 lug, which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROH vs. 5 lug, which one?

Looking for some sort of project to do with the Accord this year. I did the rear disc conversion about two years ago and it went super smooth and loved the results, so I'm thinking rotor over hub (ROH) or five lug... but can't decide which route to take.

Cost wise... they are about the same (depending on how the parts are acquired).
    With the five lug swap I will obviously have to get new rims/tires, but the options are almost endless!

Feedback/info on those who have done one or both?
    Rotor over hub
    30.43%
    Five lug swap
    43.48%
    Neither
    4.35%
    Get a job you hippie!
    21.74%
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

I would do the 5 lug swap. Then you can get some HFP wheels.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

5lug.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

the choice all comes down to.. the wheels.. if you find a set of only 5 lug you love and want.. than that makes it a good reason.. otherwise i would just go ROH. just my opinion
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

5 lug is great, ROH offers no change in appearance or performance... only increases the ease of swapping rotors, which you do what, once every two years? Do it now, and you won't be able to appreciate it until 2 years down the road, unless you race a lot.

Are 5 lug setups ROH? I never learned if they were or not.

Comment

5 lug all day baby. i promise u, after u do a roh you're still probably gonna wanna do a 5 lug cuz it gives u so many options as u said. i did a rear drum to disc conversion last year & got cross drilled rotors to go w/ it. but i've learned some things about the 5 lug that i just can not ignore. i don't regret the money i spent on the rotors i have on there now but after i do the 5 lug everything will b as it should b

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              5 lug is great, ROH offers no change in appearance or performance... only increases the ease of swapping rotors, which you do what, once every two years? Do it now, and you won't be able to appreciate it until 2 years down the road, unless you race a lot.

Are 5 lug setups ROH? I never learned if they were or not.
              Yes 5 lug is ROH.

I would do 5 lug for the wheel and brake options.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

just peep my mod list.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Yeah I know what you're saying. Main reason I am considering the ROH is that I hate servicing captive rotors. When you do a bunch that are ROH you keep asking yourself "Why haven't I changed mine to ROH?".

And if I go five lug, I get the benefit of ROH and tons of brake and wheel options.

Comment

I say 5 lug then... though it ups the cost because you'll be getting wheels and tires to go with everything. Not to mention if you buy used parts (which most do) you'll want to replace the wear items...

Which is why I voted for "get a job, hippie!"

Comment

The best hondas are the most frankensteined....think about it. (that means do 5 lug)
                      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        The best hondas are the most frankensteined....think about it. (that means do 5 lug)
                        true.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

5 lug ftw. better wheels and brake options like stated before.

Comment

True dat. The more Frankensteinish it gets, the better it feels, runs, and looks. This can be said for several of the member's rides on here.

Comment

I did mine because of I wanted to be the first cb7 in MN to have a 5lug swap, bigger brakes, and wheel selections.

It was a win for all three.

Comment

Working...
                              X