• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
    change a bulb $200 dealer charge...
    srsly! no kidding.

life is good.

Comment

my brother's old kia spectra had the ugliest engine cover, then when you take it off, it's even more hidious. For me, I just want a nice black valve cover and to be able to see all the parts easily. I don't want any extra crap in my engine bay that i have to remove when i want to change the oil or replace a spark plug.

Comment

There is a reason why they do that. they put these new covers up there becuase people most of the time don't have the special tools to remove these covers. And if you do manage to do that you may end up breaking it which will be more than enough to prove that you in some way tampered with the shit.

Then they can have it replaced for a price ofcourse. They really dont want anyone touching the cars especially the owners even when trying to save money.

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenTUNER View Post
          fuckin' dicriculous
          Another thing too whats also stupid is most of these car owner's especially in NewYork who have luxury cars are so fuckin stupid, lazy and cheap that they would rather blind someone to death witht heir highbeams knowing that their headlight is out and they have to replace it and never do until both headlights are out.

I saw this lazy broad yesterday in a Benz yesterday who drove past a tireshop with her tire wobbling and shit,rather than call for a towtruck. I knew she didn't want to change it herself. I said to myself should I help her,nah fuck it if she's driving a benz she can afford to pay for the damages. I'm a bastard arent I?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            2010 acura TL vs 2010 honda accord

I wonder why a luxury car gets them but not a normal accord. Half the people that own these cars don't work on them their selves so why do you need them?
            http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40656037/ns/business-autos/

Because apparently Honda has lost its edge.

Acura has had a hard time defining it's image.

So that explains why they would even bother offering one with covering and one without when it is the same exact thing(almost).

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              i hate new cars because i cant afford them
              so true lol

no
              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
              $30 HID kits here Thread
              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40656037/ns/business-autos/

Because apparently Honda has lost its edge.

Acura has had a hard time defining it's image.

So that explains why they would even bother offering one with covering and one without when it is the same exact thing(almost).
                That article is a bunch of bullshit

Waaa hondas making strange cars that look odd waaaaaa

Thats all i saw when i read that

Comment

Maybe instead of cheap plastic... they should have use real carbon fiber or carbo kevlar now that would have made a different discussion in here.
                  Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
                    Maybe instead of cheap plastic... they should have use real carbon fiber or carbo kevlar
                    How would that be any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      That article is a bunch of bullshit

Waaa hondas making strange cars that look odd waaaaaa

Thats all i saw when i read that
                      Well i wasn't posting it to claim you were off, i was agreeing that i don't see the point of having the covers for one and not the other.

The article imo is on point.

The sales numbers are there...whether you choose to believe them or not is up to you but traditionally Honda does fare well in worse times then in good times...mainly because obv they are a a car company based around economy so when the v8 Expedition isn't economical everyone turns to Honda.

While i do like most of the newer models they do lack the edge Honda was traditionally known for.

While they still contain the tech and economy Honda is kwown for they are just not that different from the rest of the market.

Everything seems to be becoming "cookie cutter".

The Odyssey on the other hand looks like it has promise which that article notes, and i agree that the 11 Civic will show us which direction Honda plans to head in.

Comment

How ironic that the OEMs vote for such a useless piece of plastic. It costs them more money (as its a useless addition). But it probably does prevent and deter some people from wanting to fix their own engine stuff. i seen that Fifth Gear episode long ago and the only thing worse is when they hide the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          Another thing too whats also stupid is most of these car owner's especially in NewYork who have luxury cars are so fuckin stupid, lazy and cheap that they would rather blind someone to death witht heir highbeams knowing that their headlight is out and they have to replace it and never do until both headlights are out.

I saw this lazy broad yesterday in a Benz yesterday who drove past a tireshop with her tire wobbling and shit,rather than call for a towtruck. I knew she didn't want to change it herself. I said to myself should I help her,nah fuck it if she's driving a benz she can afford to pay for the damages. I'm a bastard arent I?
                          Mercedes have the free road side assistance, better than triple A. Unless it was an old Mercedes and in that case they don't count.

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                          I definitely can't afford an LS at 19, but one of my major dislikes about almost all new cars is all the plastic in the engine bay. I just don't like the direction auto makers are going making everything harder to work on and easier for people that know jack squat about cars to fill their washer reservoir.
                          Ask your parents and people who are looking to buy new cars and ask them engine components. See if they know or give a shit

If taking off a few covers is making everything that much harder than maybe those people shouldn't be working on cars anyways. Cause having the experience and knowledge to do engine swaps and engine rebuilt a few simple plastic covers ain't got nothing on me.

Or maybe I'm not thinking as a simple lube tech.

Comment

Here's the engine bay in my Mazda 3. It is actually quite easy to work on things in there. I have to replace my serpentine belt soon, as it's about due. But really, it's no worse than working on a CB7. Only thing I don't like is that the intake manifold is on the front and the exhaust manifold is on the rear. Makes it hard to put on a header or change 02 sensors.

Stock:

Currently

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                              There is a reason why they do that. they put these new covers up there becuase people most of the time don't have the special tools to remove these covers. And if you do manage to do that you may end up breaking it which will be more than enough to prove that you in some way tampered with the shit.

Then they can have it replaced for a price ofcourse. They really dont want anyone touching the cars especially the owners even when trying to save money.
                              The only plastic covers I have ever encountered were attached via simple clips, push tabs, and bolts.

The reason they have them is because the kind of person that is going to purchase a $30,000 car most likely doesn't care to see the inner workings of the vehicle. If a dealer pops the hood and all the 9-5 banker sees is a sweet valve cover and the plastic covers he thinks, "Oh, this looks like it's very simple." Like said before, it also prevents them from destroying their car by putting the wrong fluids in the wrong areas. It's simple preventative design.

The cost of the extra plastic is insignificant in relation to the overall cost of the car.

Also, if you consider taking off plastic engine covers a serious inconvenience to working on your car you are one lazy fuck.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                                The only plastic covers I have ever encountered were attached via simple clips, push tabs, and bolts.

The reason they have them is because the kind of person that is going to purchase a $30,000 car most likely doesn't care to see the inner workings of the vehicle. If a dealer pops the hood and all the 9-5 banker sees is a sweet valve cover and the plastic covers he thinks, "Oh, this looks like it's very simple." Like said before, it also prevents them from destroying their car by putting the wrong fluids in the wrong areas. It's simple preventative design.

The cost of the extra plastic is insignificant in relation to the overall cost of the car.

Also, if you consider taking off plastic engine covers a serious inconvenience to working on your car you are one lazy fuck.

but.... but...... its the corporations man!!!!!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                                The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X