No announcement yet.

This is why I hate new cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only reason i could see those being useful is for sound reduction, but who cares cars sound good loud

Comment

the engine covers don't bother me. i've worked on a lot benzes & beamers & they've been using covers forever. i like the way they look myself. makes the engine bay look cleaner. if i could do it to the cb i'd go that route instead of doing a wire tuck. but 1nce the covers r off, it's just an engine.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

new gtr was forced by the government to make it hard to tune or work on.

Comment

I'd much rather see something like this

Than some silly plastic bits under the hood.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

i hate new cars because i cant afford them
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
              I'd much rather see something like this

Than some silly plastic bits under the hood.
              It's a good thing luxury car owners usually paint their valve cover, add a strut bar, an aftermarket intake, and some headers, right?
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post

new gtr was forced by the government to make it hard to tune or work on.
                fuckin' dicriculous

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  It's a good thing luxury car owners usually paint their valve cover, add a strut bar, an aftermarket intake, and some headers, right?
                  *header* c'mon you should know better

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I highly doubt you don't like new cars because of the covers, taking them off is pretty simple. Don't want to assume anything but don't look like you can get the LS anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                      I highly doubt you don't like new cars because of the covers, taking them off is pretty simple. Don't want to assume anything but don't look like you can get the LS anyways.
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I definitely can't afford an LS at 19, but one of my major dislikes about almost all new cars is all the plastic in the engine bay. I just don't like the direction auto makers are going making everything harder to work on and easier for people that know jack squat about cars to fill their washer reservoir.

Comment

It's all in an attempt to make the engine bay look cleaner, less complicated and more "user" friendly. ie: "fill washer fluid here. vtec and headlight fluid do not mix"

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            *header* c'mon you should know better
                            Headers, because most luxury cars have a V6 or V8.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

ya it's pretty *** since most new cars..you don't need to properly custom into a ricer...it already has that nice sharp look....that's why i rather get an old jdm than a new car
                              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

even the mercedes with the plastic cover over the v style engines suck because you cant see oil leaks and ALL of them have valve cover leaks. by ten years, you take the cover off and everything is black and gummy.

hell ive even seen a '04 leak oil onto the headers during the smog check.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X