No announcement yet.

guy is a lousy shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's too many people out there like him that need help. Honestly, what good would it do to just lock this guy up for a few years? That would probably make him even more irate.

It might sound selfish, or it might sound politically incorrect, but I have little to no sympathy for people like him. Sure, I get angry sometimes, I dealt with depression for nearly a year, and it really sucked. I never thought "hey, killing people will solve all my problems and make my life happier." It's like people that do drugs or anything....whatever you choose to do, was a concious decision made by yourself, whether drugged up or sober. I make bad choices all the time. I just don't go out and pull weapons on people because I'm mad.

No. Killing people makes you a bad person, and you live with those consequences, whether you were under an influence or not. Do we need people like him who are, or possibly are "messed up"? No. Yes, they have family, friends etc. But do we want to admit these people live and breathe amongst us and all of a sudden just snap and kill everyone?

It's sad that this kind of stuff happens everyday, everywhere in the world. I really have little faith in the human race. We're a self destructive society which I'm surprised that haven't killed ourselves off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Yeah, you don't go into a situation like that with a gun unless you're certain you want to shoot someone. If you carry a gun for any reason other than self defense (and in that situation, there was no need for the man to need a gun for that reason) then you only have the intent to harm or kill.
      Actually he's the reason why everyone else in that room should have had the ability to carry. Gun free zones are only free of guns from people who follow the laws. Do you think criminals or lunatics care about gun free zones? Granted in this case nobody innocent died but what if they had.

That said, anyone who carries a gun intends to use it to kill someone in defense of themselves or a loved one. Nobody (should) strap up just to wound or scare people.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
      No. Killing people makes you a bad person, and you live with those consequences, whether you were under an influence or not. Do we need people like him who are, or possibly are "messed up"? No. Yes, they have family, friends etc. But do we want to admit these people live and breathe amongst us and all of a sudden just snap and kill everyone?

It's sad that this kind of stuff happens everyday, everywhere in the world. I really have little faith in the human race. We're a self destructive society which I'm surprised that haven't killed ourselves off yet.
      I agree with most of what you said except for one thing. Killing a person does not make you a bad person. It depends on the circumstances.

If I'm carrying and see a guy with a lit petrol-bomb ready to throw it into a crowded church, you'd better believe I'm going to shoot that guy where he stands. Would that make me a bad guy or a hero?
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
        Actually he's the reason why everyone else in that room should have had the ability to carry. Gun free zones are only free of guns from people who follow the laws. Do you think criminals or lunatics care about gun free zones? Granted in this case nobody innocent died but what if they had.

That said, anyone who carries a gun intends to use it to kill someone in defense of themselves or a loved one. Nobody (should) strap up just to wound or scare people.

I agree with most of what you said except for one thing. Killing a person does not make you a bad person. It depends on the circumstances.

If I'm carrying and see a guy with a lit petrol-bomb ready to throw it into a crowded church, you'd better believe I'm going to shoot that guy where he stands. Would that make me a bad guy or a hero?
        Then I should have specified killing "innocent people" makes you a bad person. You have no doubt in my mind that I would kill somebody in self defense if I had to be in a circumstance to save myself and/or others from being killed or harmed. So yes, in that case, you would be a hero. It would always weigh heavily on my mind that I took someone's life, but knowing it saved more people to sacrifice one person is well worth it.

Comment

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...fore-shooting/
          more video

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
            Tis why I'm glad I live in NZ - no weapons are allowed in public.
            There simply isn't the need for it, A need for weapons in public is created when people are allowed to carry weapons in public . . .

Your always going to get an idiot that does something stupid and harms innocent people, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to carry so that they can be judge, jury and excecutioner . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Dude has problems.

Anyone else notice the "V for Vendetta" sign on the wall? lol
              -Will

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                There simply isn't the need for it, A need for weapons in public is created when people are allowed to carry weapons in public . . .

Your always going to get an idiot that does something stupid and harms innocent people, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to carry so that they can be judge, jury and excecutioner . . .
                Bad guys don't follow laws. I guess people don't get that. Just because you aren't allowed to carry weapons in public, doesn't mean people don't.

I'd rather have the gun and not need it, than need it and not have it.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  Bad guys don't follow laws. I guess people don't get that. Just because you aren't allowed to carry weapons in public, doesn't mean people don't.
                  That's what I said - "Your always going to get an idiot that does something stupid and harms innocent people"

However just because YOU can carry a weapon, It shouldn't give you the right to make the call if you can attack them.
                  IF somebody had of shot that guy in the head BEFORE he fired, what do you suppose the outcome of that would be?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

IF somebody had of shot that guy in the head BEFORE he fired, what do you suppose the outcome of that would be?
                    I'd rather he be dead than the potential aftermath of what he was trying to do.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Never trust a guy with a Mullet and Dad jeans.

Comment

That's what I said - "Your always going to get an idiot that does something stupid and harms innocent people"

However just because YOU can carry a weapon, It shouldn't give you the right to make the call if you can attack them.
                        In this scenario, the gunman pointed the weapon several times at the board members. He had them held hostage. I would say it's alright to shoot him to save yourself.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

So, let me get this straight. There is no hunting, no cars, no steak knives at restaurants? Saying weapons aren't allowed in public is absurd since nearly everything and anything can be a potential weapon.

Because of that, there is a need to have the ability to defend yourself and your loved ones. Do you know how many people carry on a daily basis in the US? Hundreds of thousands at least. Funny how you don't hear about hundreds of thousands going on rampages and killing innocent lives.

In Canada they have a gun registry. Less than 1% of firearms used in crimes are on the registry. Funny how criminals didn't get the registry memo, isn't it? So instead those who follow the laws are not allowed to carry whereas those who do not follow the laws don't care about whether or not they're allowed. So why, exactly, should the law abiding be punished? Why should the good people be neutered so that politicians can feel safer?

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post

I'd rather have the gun and not need it, than need it and not have it.
                          Truth

ok, let's just clear things up.

CARRYING A FIREARM GIVES YOU NO RIGHT TO ATTACK. Self defense is called that because that's what it is. Defense. You don't get a pass to kill anyone who looks at you funny. In fact, odds are high that after a self defense shoot you'll be going through criminal court AND civil court because god damn it that low life you shot has people who depend on him so his family can sue you.

Now, for your question:
                          If you took that guy out before he fired a shot it would have been 100% justified. Odds are you wouldn't have even had cuffs on your wrist because the entire thing was live on TV. Are the security guards who shot him on trial? No? Didn't think so.

Now, if you fired, missed, and killed an innocent person then things would be quite different. That's what practice is for.
                          My Car

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
                            In this scenario, the gunman pointed the weapon several times at the board members. He had them held hostage. I would say it's alright to shoot him to save yourself.
                            It boils down to this:

Are you in fear for your life? Seriously? Yes? Fire. If you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were, in fact, scared for your own life then that's all the justification you need for self defense.
                            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                              Dude has problems.

Anyone else notice the "V for Vendetta" sign on the wall? lol
                              I hadn't but a news article said he sprayed it on the wall:

My Car

Comment

so who shot him?
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X