Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when was the last time you blew your tower???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when was the last time you blew your tower???

my computer shut down on me today while encoding a video. the cpu peaked over 70c. so i took the tower outside and air canned it, now it peaks at 47c. i always knew it was good to keep things clean, but its amazing to see how much a little dust affects efficiency.

thats all.

most of you probably wont care, but i just wanted to share for those few computer nerds that might be out there.

on a sidenote, even if you dont do any heavy processing, i suggest you spray out your computer towers. it will help keep things running cool and prolong the life. you all change your oil religiously, why not keep your computer running strong too... if you fry a cpu, no more cb7t for you!

water cooled... nuff said

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i spray mine out every once in a while with compress air .. it is amazing how much dust gets stuck on my cpu heat sink and on my fans. I do the same with my girlfriends computer (that i built) as well. I think of it as like doing an interior detail on my cb7 ..
      -:Ĥ:-
      Originally posted by wed3k
      i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

i need to clean mine out, prolly do that tonight when i clean my room out after i get laundry done.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

I've got liquid cooling as well as 4 200+mm fans, but I've had it running less then a month so haven't done it yet, plus it has filters on the intake fans

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

since i leave my computer on all day all night all year long, probably once every couple of months, and then i replace the fan once a year also.

Comment

yea my pc is on 24/7 but i blow it out every once in a while and then like every few months ill take it apart vacuum out gunk and clean all the fans and holes and seal it back up.

Never had mine shut down(except for Windows issues)

Comment

So I totally took the title as meaning something else and thought, "jeez that'd take one flexible and lonely dude to blow his own tower".

I use a laptop.....probably should blow it out sometime too.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Replace your thermal paste too

Comment

Mine is sitting open... I'm almost ready to name the dust bunnies in it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Mine is sitting open... I'm almost ready to name the dust bunnies in it.
                      i got dust puppies in mine. will clean out tonite
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

every couple months ill shut down the PC and pull off the side cover (yay for thumb screws) while i have the vacuum out and clean it out with the dusting brush attachment. i dont like using the compressed air cans, because that just stirs it up, instead of taking it out.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i dont think ive ever cleaned mine out in the 3 years ive had it.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                            every couple months ill shut down the PC and pull off the side cover (yay for thumb screws) while i have the vacuum out and clean it out with the dusting brush attachment. i dont like using the compressed air cans, because that just stirs it up, instead of taking it out.
                            Actually i use a can of compressed air to stir things up and then have a vaccum running at the same time sucking it in. If it's really dirty, then use qtips and rubbing alcohol.

Comment

I'll regularly use compressed air on my PC once a month. I'll get in and clean all of the case fans, the fan on my video card and also the heatsink fan. A clean computer makes Josh happy.
                              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X