Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What photo upload service do you use/recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What photo upload service do you use/recommend?

Well just as the title says I am hoping for some advice on photo upload sites. I don't have any kind of an account for photo uploading and I figure it is about time I make one so I can post some pictures. I don't really like the idea of my photos being stored on someone's server because for all I know they could pretty much be stored there for ever (ooh scary interwebz ). But that is beside the point. I don't think there is really any other way to post pictures.

The only sites that I know of are photobucket and flickr or what ever it is called lol. So I am just wondering what you guys use to post pictures and if you have any better suggestions. Sorry if this is a really dumb question but I am not a very techy person. Thanks!

I like PB. You can personalize photos pretty extensivly.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

i use flickr. less horrible image compression than photobucket, and the rest of the services...

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

been using photobucket for years now..

Comment

I've been using PhotoBucket for about five years (maybe six, can't remember).
          Just recently upgraded to the Pro version for $39.90 for two years (was using a ton of bandwidth).

Easy to maintain my photos and keep them organized and fast uploads. Couldn't be happier... ok I could if I wasn't paying for it.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
            i use flickr. less horrible image compression than photobucket, and the rest of the services...
            Hmm what services are you talking about eh? Seems like the common consensus is photobucket... could just be it is more well known though. I am open to all photo guru advice!

Comment

Picasa.
              COUPE K24

Comment

cb7tuner.com

Comment

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
                  Hmm what services are you talking about eh? Seems like the common consensus is photobucket... could just be it is more well known though. I am open to all photo guru advice!
                  its a complete community of millions of users. ive used photobucket for years for random stuff, but like i said the image compression is much less extreme on flickr, so ur pics are displayed nicer.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                    its a complete community of millions of users. ive used photobucket for years for random stuff, but like i said the image compression is much less extreme on flickr, so ur pics are displayed nicer.
                    Well that sounds like a pretty good reason. Thank you for the advice. I also looked into picasa as 93CB7Ex suggested, but I think I am definitely leaning towards flickr after perusing their site for a bit.

Comment

i prefer photobucket over anything else. really easy to navigate and organize. the best part is you can select photos and photobucket will produce [img] or html coding for all of it and you just copy paste.

everyone locks their photos on flickr, it's fucking retarded.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well now I am more undecided What do you mean by locking their photos? Like if I lock mine will they not be visible on this site if I try to link them? Sorry if these are really dumb questions. I hate making accounts and what not on websites so I just want to pick a good one the first time. It seems like every friggen website you come across today requires you to be a member and sign in

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          i prefer photobucket over anything else. really easy to navigate and organize. the best part is you can select photos and photobucket will produce [img] or html coding for all of it and you just copy paste.

everyone locks their photos on flickr, it's fucking retarded.
                          Exactly. That's why I don't use it.
                          I can upload shit loads of photos and generate all of the img codes/thumbnail links/whatever I want with one click.
                          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Ahh jeez now I am starting to lean back towards photobucket. So was I correct in my question about locking pictures on flickr?

Comment

only the owner of them can share it, if you cant share them then why even make it displayable to the public.

"oh look at me, i can take an awesome photo but i dont want any of you to have it because I'm a dick head."
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X