Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some legal advice about workman's comp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some legal advice about workman's comp.

If your on workmans comp for a back injury and you were not seeking therapy or set up for any surgery after a year. Could your business fire you?

Here let me explain and see what can be done.

There is a guy I work with that has been on workmans comp for a year now due to an "injury" he received on the job. He claims a bag of concrete being handed to him off a flatbed delivery truck injured his back. So now he is sueing the company for his injuries. But the thing is he has not went to any sort of therapy. nor has he been scheduled for surgery.

And what really tops the cake.. Is he has it made with his doctor. When it's nice out his restrictions get lifted to 15 pounds. Once it starts to get cold they get reduced. Now hes to the point were he can only do secretary position duties. We work in a damn lumberyard!!.

My yard foreman doesnt think the company can fire him due to the lawsuit. But after a year of no therapy nor surgery. Cant they?

Oh and I forgot to mention. He just failed a drug test and was sent to therapy. Cause that's what my retarded company does. But now he has returned on the secretary duties. But now he is magically seeking therapy, and I know the only reason he is doing it, is because he knows the company is out to fire him now.

Sorry for it being all jumbled together and such. But thanks for the help if you know anything about it.
    ,Bucky,
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Anyone have any idea?
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

I know, but since you bumped this so soon I'm not gonna help.

Comment

haha so soon? It was 40 minutes short of 12 hours.......

Comment

Ah my bad, now that you've mentioned a little more than 11 hours it does seem longer.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...65&postcount=8

Comment

I won't argue with you.

So sir, this discussion is over.. If you have no information regarding my question.. Than good day to you.. and see yourself out of my thread!
            Last edited by buckysaccord93; 12-07-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I saw you over at the technical section, I waved but you didn't wave back. It makes me all sad. Never again! And to think I was going to charge you for the answer.

Comment

Working...
              X