bad luck woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad luck woes

Well i was leaving work this morning (UPS third shift, probably around 6am) and i turned out of the parking lot to make my 20 minute trek home. As im turning onto the long road home my cars starts sputtering and shuts off. Called my mom to come sit with me and we called a tow truck, 2 hours later its finally loaded up and on it way to my buddy's shop.

Fast forward to now, he removed the valve cover to see that the timing belt had jumped time almost an inch. Apparently the tensioner failed because there is enough slack in the belt to grab and pull it up of the cam gears. Gotta love having the worst luck just when you start to save money, but luckily my buddy has a low mileage h22 sitting in his shop with an AEM fuel rail and some unorthodox pullies i can grab for $700 or so.

looks like i'll be having a spare h22 to build out of my car sooner than expected i guess.

ps my initials are DSM...my life gets put on jackstands as much as the cars lol

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

700 and mates rates install nothing to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
      700 and mates rates install nothing to complain about.
      I think he is just complaining about the fact that he just started saving money, and then this happens. I completely understand his situation, has happened plenty of times to me.

Keep your head up man, everything happens for reason. Fix it!

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

i always get shit luck in clusters... im currently going through one of those episodes, waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel lol. keep ur head up man.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

yeah, im not too worried about the price of the stuff it is that i just started accumulating money and it happens. oh wells though, just means it moves my plans to buy another motor to build up a bit.

i'll have a build thread up in a few days for future plans for the spare motor, still not sure if it'll go in the cb7 or if i'll buy an EG hatch/coupe to throw it in.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

so how about that h22 tensioner conversion?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

this is a reminder for me to do the manual tensioner the next time my motor is out. i have all the parts.

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Could be worse. At least you've got the money to spend. Imagine if you didn't have the money.
                My Car
                FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  so how about that h22 tensioner conversion?
                  just ordered it last night, should be here by tuesday i assume

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

you didnt check the classifieds for any for sale, i guess.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

never had an issue with the timing on F series skipping timing or breaking/likewise. good luck man, should turn out for the best if you can scoop that engine up. always good to have buddies in/just getting out of honda. this is exactly why i check pretty much the entire car every few months or so. doesn't take more than a day off from work, and am able to catch things before they fail on me.

life is good.

Comment

i know how you feel man. recently happened to me

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

look at the bright side, its better this happen now, while you were saving, and capable of having it fixed asap, as to happen when you wernt saving and then be stuck without a car for god knows how long!
                          ..[CB7][STAR]..
                          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Ouch, that has to suck. I just did the H23 tensioner conversion on mine in fear of this happening. The auto tensioner setup is just rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              you didnt check the classifieds for any for sale, i guess.
                              i dont check the classifieds on here that often truthfully, i found a full kit of all OEM honda parts for $89 + shipping

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X