No announcement yet.

The draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I signed it when i turned 18 then i got a gillette razor in the mail.

Comment

Did it tell you to go with the flow?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The draft never scared me.

I'd either fight for something I believed in, or I'd leave this country for trying to make me fight for somethig I didn't believe in.
        yeah i was more uninformed than anything else...

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

nah it was one of the older razors. It was a nice gift though.

It's a good thing i signed up otherwise i wouldn't be eligible for student aid.

Now it's just men that have to register for the selective service act right?

Comment

Yes, unless things have changed, women are not required to sign up for the draft.

I would probably have been exempt had there been a draft anyway. I was in school nonstop from 98 to 2005. Also, I'm an only child, and the last male bearing my family name.

Comment

Yes, unless things have changed, women are not required to sign up for the draft.

I would probably have been exempt had there been a draft anyway. I was in school nonstop from 98 to 2005. Also, I'm an only child, and the last male bearing my family name.
              Im an only child and the last bearing the bloodline. Also I got a bad eye and im a little bit of a smartass.

I signed up no biggie I just never heard of anyone ever getting in trouble for it. I would stand and defend this country at the blink of an eye but I wont get up and walk 2 feet to answer the phone.
              -Will

Comment

It's unlikely that they would arrest anyone, especially now that a draft is unlikely in the near future. However, they COULD do so.

Best not to mess with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                  Im an only child and the last bearing the bloodline. Also I got a bad eye and im a little bit of a smartass.

I signed up no biggie I just never heard of anyone ever getting in trouble for it. I would stand and defend this country at the blink of an eye but I wont get up and walk 2 feet to answer the phone.
                  I'm pretty sure these reasons (minus the smart ass part ) alone would disqualify you from a draft in the future anyway. At least you signed up; now you don't have to deal with anything else.
                  Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I thought that was Tampax's slogan.

When I registered for selective service, it was right at the end of 2003, amid the 1 year after 9/11, Iraq clusterF. I remember thinking "i hope some Red Dawn crap doesnt go down any time soon!"

Comment

Think of it like this. You get to travel to exciting and exotic lands, meet new people, and kill them!!! LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X