The draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The draft

I forgot to sign up for the draft and apparently my local recruitment office has taken notice. So I took notice of them noticing and promptly threw it in the trash cause I didnt care. Today I got called to the office at school and guess who is sitting at the conference table with a pen and a contract... Stupid recruiters.

/Rant
    -Will

Isn't it agianst the law to not sign up?

Doesn't matter for me anyway, I was born with cataracts and glaucoma, the only thing I would be good for is getting shot.

Comment

You can be thrown in jail for ignoring that notice. Recruiters are the least of your worries.

There's no reason for them to initiate a draft anyway. We just went through the bulk of a multi-front war over the past 10 years with no draft... I think we're safe.

Comment

i remember on my 18th birthday getting into a fight with my father over this... haha i also remember signing up against my will.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

The draft never scared me.

I'd either fight for something I believed in, or I'd leave this country for trying to make me fight for somethig I didn't believe in.

Comment

Honestly you will not get arrested... Tell the school/ recruiter to mind there business..(they can legally arrest you though but will not .... well not the school, recurter, local police etc but you know what I mean...)

You need to sign up before you get student loans/aid (government) or get a government job... If you don't do it before ?24? I think I read something on a government job application that the filled out that you would be disqualified for life.

You can sign up online... They are not going to waste money going after you but you basically have to so just do it... Do in on your own time though.. Don't let a recruiter/school bully you
            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 11-29-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Just do it now and get it over with.

Trust me there will not be a draft for a long time to come, if ever.

Since the military has been all volunteer it has ALWAYS met its quota in times of need.

i.e. 9/11

So instead of creating a headache, just fucking sign up.

You do owe the United States at least that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                Just do it now and get it over with.

Trust me there will not be a draft for a long time to come, if ever.

Since the military has been all volunteer it has ALWAYS met its quota in times of need.

i.e. 9/11

So instead of creating a headache, just fucking sign up.

You do owe the United States at least that.

I couldn't say it any better way Ralphie.
                I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My coupe!!!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

i had to sign up when i became a legal resident in the US and if i didnt I wouldnt have been able to become a US citizen.....Im not worried about the draft because I would be sent anyways or i just wouldnt go
                  Last edited by Gemini; 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

How old were you when you moved here, Dean?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      How old were you when you moved here, Dean?
                      I use to visit every year since the age of ten but I became a legal resident at age 18 or 19 if I remember correctly.
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

The draft never scared me.

I'd either fight for something I believed in, or I'd leave this country for trying to make me fight for somethig I didn't believe in.
                        yup

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

It's actually called the selective service. (www.SSS.gov) I signed up as soon as I turned 18. If my country deemed it necessary to reinstate the draft, I'd probably sign up whether I was chosen or not. I sure as hell wouldn't hide from it.

I just checked my record and saw I signed up on 3/14/2002
                          My Car
                          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

3 days after my 22nd birthday!

I wouldn't run and hide, but I wouldn't fight for something I didn't believe in, either. I'm not going to take up a gun and aim it at another human being unless I am 100% sure that I'm doing the right thing. If I'm not convinced, I'll hesitate. I'd die.

However, as Ralphie said... there won't be a draft anytime soon, and it's entirely possible that there never will be again. If American citizens are ever FORCED to fight, it probably means that we're being invaded... in which case, hand me a rifle!

Comment

However, as Ralphie said... there won't be a draft anytime soon, and it's entirely possible that there never will be again. If American citizens are ever FORCED to fight, it probably means that we're being invaded... in which case, hand me a rifle!
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X