Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the new NSX (that isn't happening) was supposed to have a V10...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks goofy!
    It serves a purpose, so I can't say it's a bad thing... but it makes the car look like a Snork!

Comment

hell no deev. the snork is the shit. just look at this. the gtr is better cause of the technology where the nsx doesnt. but still keeps up with the gtr. if honda came out with the hsv-10 it would be a better competition for the gtr

Comment

There would be a good chance that it'd bury the GTR. 600hp, and Honda is well known for making very balanced, nimble cars.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I was just thinking... if that came to be, I wonder if Vigor/Inspire/2.5TL owners would ever get ahold of one of those heads and swap it onto the G20/G25...

I'm posting this in OT because it's a completely useless hypothetical musing... but an interesting idea nonetheless.
          Lol, Deev, cmon that's about as plausible as the Jetta 2.5 dudes throwing on Gallardo V10 heads lol. Bore spacing, engine rotation, oil/coolant passages, compression yadda yadda.

Plus they'd still have Vigors. A more worthwhile endeavor would be to make the Vigor RWD.

Now as far as this flipped Accord I'm hearing about... if they can keep the weight under 3400 lb with SH-AWD and a 6 cylinder, it should be a damn great car?

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Imagine a Vigor with a nicely flowing VTEC head on it...
            people would swap the heads and then it would be called a f22a1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Well I agree with current Civic and CR-Z, the Civic isn't THAT bad. The CR-Z is something different though, it's a sporty car with a economical focus. Of course Honda could make a really good sport car but it won't sell as much. Once they get more cash flow then they can get something real down. When Honda makes a model they make it good, not like most Chrysler's or something if you know what I mean.
              Originally posted by Motor Trend
              "Honda does not see the CR-Z as a sports car. It's a sporty coupe and a great first try in the hybrid-sports direction. To be called a sports car, a car needs to have the potential of an NSX or an S2000. That's what we need to aim for."

Look at the FD2 Civic Mugen Type-RR Advanced Concept, that's i.n.s.a.n.e.
              More info here: http://www.zerotohundred.com/2009/au...04-at-tsukuba/
              It did Tsukuba in 1:04.906 which is faster than a NSX-R and a R34 Skyline GT-R VSpec, 260ps n/a with a BUNCH of handling upgrades, even a bunch of titanium parts!

We will just have to wait for Honda on their new Civic for 2012, it better be good because we may have only 1 year of it!

They need a real sporty TSX similar to the Euro R.
              The USDM Accord isn't that much of a sporty one, they can keep it as is for all I care with the V6 that makes 271hp/251tq with the Mugen accessories. (Good they keep the K24 model)

Ninja edit:
              Forgot to add this, the Honda is planning a new version of the NSX now but instead with a modified Accord platform (yay?) and power will come from either a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder (K24?) or a 3.5-liter V-6 (J35?). It's supposed to have SH-AWD
              Originally posted by Motor Trend
              Once again our spies in Japan have uncovered a patent application that specifies a "V6 powertrain developing upwards of 400 horsepower....Using the front-wheel-drive Accord platform as a base for this car will cut R&D costs dramatically. Engineers will swap the front and rear around to create a rear midship AWD package.
              Full article here: http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...ife/index.html
              Last edited by CB7Nub; 11-28-2010, 11:06 PM.
              Current:
              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

no more civic in japan
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

True they weren't selling because they were too big and it was old. Old in a way it has been basically the same thing since 2006 making it the longest running generation of the Civic ever. They only sold 300 something last there last month, weird though.

Plus Honda has a lot more models in Japan to keep them busy, in a year they will have a whole new Civic for 2012 (hopefully it's good and not a big econobox).
                  Current:
                  2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                  1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                  1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Honda has the capability to make the absolute best sports car in the world. They could make a car better than the Veyron. Do they have a reason or a market? No. And that's why we will never see anything that will blow us away. I think the sports car lineage ends at Honda with the S2000 as their last true sports car.

Comment

I was just thinking... if that came to be, I wonder if Vigor/Inspire/2.5TL owners would ever get ahold of one of those heads and swap it onto the G20/G25...

I'm posting this in OT because it's a completely useless hypothetical musing... but an interesting idea nonetheless.
                      Probably not very realistic. Also, I believe the G25 head geometry is similar to the F22A, which is to say, not so bad. I have only seen a couple in the J yards, but looked at them, and they were quite similar.

Also, it is likely that the heads from the NSX replacement were quite a bit different in every way imaginable, and would be not worth the effort.

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
                      The civic (heavy as all hell) is what Honda is considering a sports car? The CRZ is considered a sports car? Its a hybrid!!! Nothing sporty about a car that's trying to help mother nature. Sports cars are supposed to be pollutants. No S2000. No NSX.

*side note* the vigor looks like a deformed cressida.
                      I find it interesting that you assert the Civic is "heavy as hell" considering it offers interior space comparable to a CB7 (with a smaller trunk), in a package that is shorter and weighs about the same, while offering a shit ton of extra rigidity, features, and safety content, which all add weight. Considering that a Civic Si weighs about the same as a CB7 EX, with the same (actually more features), larger wheels, tires, and bigger brakes (probably account for around 40-50lbs of weight difference), and offers over 50% more power, as much torque, and better gearing, I am pretty sure an SI is going to walk the shit out of any stock CB7 stock for stock. Oh yeah, and in stock form, it handles as well as a modded CB7. With all season tires on it...

Then you have the CR-Z which is easy to be an internet hater on, but realistically is every bit as fast (probably actually faster) than your F22 powered CB7, and gets a shit ton better MPG, DOES weigh less, and will outhandle your CB7 in stock form, let alone if you mod the suspension (a set of tires alone would probably go as far as most suspensions on the CB). It also happens to be stiffer than the Civic Type R, and offers more content than even the most loaded Civic.

Sorry, but it is pretty hard to talk shit about any new cars when you are driving a 20 year old, flexy chassis, small braked car with 125HP.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-30-2010, 11:11 AM.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Lol marry me

Comment

I drove an NSX last night... which means I now have the bug for one myself

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

The CR-Z is shitty but not for reasons anyone listed.

They could have saved hundreds of millions of dollars by ditching IMA + going with the Civic's IRS, which would have saved a good 300-400lb, enhanced the handling and basically come away w/the same gas mileage.

I agree though that the 8th gen Civic is a testament to Honda's progress in car making. If not for the interior design it would be an all around excellent car. However Honda has had quite a few missteps in the past few years.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              The CR-Z is shitty but not for reasons anyone listed.

They could have saved hundreds of millions of dollars by ditching IMA + going with the Civic's IRS, which would have saved a good 300-400lb, enhanced the handling and basically come away w/the same gas mileage.

I agree though that the 8th gen Civic is a testament to Honda's progress in car making. If not for the interior design it would be an all around excellent car. However Honda has had quite a few missteps in the past few years.
                              300-400lbs? The CR-Zs battery pack weighs 68 lbs...
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                                300-400lbs? The CR-Zs battery pack weighs 68 lbs...
                                Alright so 300# is high, but even still, it adds weight needlessly 1(150-200lb???) and doesn't seem to be much more efficient than a 2 seater conventional motor car would have been

Comment

Working...
                                X