Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the new NSX (that isn't happening) was supposed to have a V10...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the new NSX (that isn't happening) was supposed to have a V10...

I was just thinking... if that came to be, I wonder if Vigor/Inspire/2.5TL owners would ever get ahold of one of those heads and swap it onto the G20/G25...

I'm posting this in OT because it's a completely useless hypothetical musing... but an interesting idea nonetheless.

lol Vigors.

Comment

Imagine a Vigor with a nicely flowing VTEC head on it...

Comment

let's not imagine that.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I started going to the blood banks and sperm banks donating to get the new NSX. Now your telling me its not coming out? I havent heard that news yet.
          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My coupe!!!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

It's been cancelled for a very long time now. Honda has no real sports cars in the works at the moment. The CR-Z and the top Civics are the best they've got in that arena. They're sticking to more practical mass-market offerings to weather this crappy economy.

Comment

The civic (heavy as all hell) is what Honda is considering a sports car? The CRZ is considered a sports car? Its a hybrid!!! Nothing sporty about a car that's trying to help mother nature. Sports cars are supposed to be pollutants. No S2000. No NSX.

*side note* the vigor looks like a deformed cressida.
              I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
              Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              My coupe!!!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
              Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

actually it was recently told that honda was making a new nsx successor again. mid-engine and awd.

but its gonna be a hybrid.
                峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMAfsSk7jM

Comment

Yeah, I read that... but I won't believe it until I see something straight from Honda. Right now, it's easy to specualte that it will be some super-hybrid.

Of course, the CR-Z is the first remotely sporty hybrid on the market, so Honda is certainly setting themselves up to be the frontrunner in that niche. Toyota was supposedly developing a hybrid supercar (possibly the LFA), and that never happened... so there's still room for Honda to take the lead there!

The last NSX replacement, the one with the 600hp V10, was actually being road-tested. That's how far along it got before they yanked it. I'm not expecting anything until I see it on a showroom floor!

Yeah Larry, that's exactly it. That car is damn near complete, and will NEVER make it to production.

Comment

yeah, im glad they're at least in the honda racing team, but dammit that thing was about the same speed around the nurburgring as a gtr and the lfa and all those others. i hope honda wants to enter a race where they need it to be a production car and make a few of them like they did with the nsx-r gt.
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

Comment

For sure.

Honda definitely has what it takes to compete with Nissan and Toyota.
                        I find it interesting that during the NSX's existance, it was on a totally different level than all of the other top sports cars from the rest of the Japanese manufacturers. Honda never really had a competitor to the Supra, GT-R, Z, RX7, 3000GT... The NSX was priced way higher, and although the power output was lower than just about all of those cars, it was still in a different class.

Now, the GT-R and LFA are legitimate supercars. That V10 NSX would've been perfect in that pack. Then again, it would have to compete with those cars, whereas the original NSX had no direct Japanese competition. It actually had NO direct competiton... because the cars that it competed with performance-wise were priced considerably higher.
                        The V10 was supposed to be priced in the mid-100K range, I believe. That would have put it above the GT-R, and way below the LFA. It's primary competitor would most likely have been the Audi R8 V10.

IF they actually follow through with the hybrid plan, then it will once again be in a league of its own. At least for a while.

Comment

sometimes its not always about pricing. back when the nsx and r34 was around. they were on the same level hp wise, which made them a competition for one another. honda does race in the JGTC. CHECK THIS OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEMJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2rWngohJ-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADWKj...x=0&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrqH...sh+div-1r-2-HM

Comment

Yeah, the R34 GT-R and the NSX were on par HP wise... but the NSX cost a good deal more, and was more of a pure sports car (whereas the GT-R was just a souped up version of the standard Skyline... granted, not much base Skyline was left!)

I just watched a bit of that last video... man... the NSX moved so gracefully through the turns, where the R35 just kinda beat them into submission... but man, that R35 ate the NSX in the straights!
                            The NSX looks dated, but still looks great. I hate that intake snork on top, though. I understand the function... but it looks dumb!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I hate that intake snork on top, though. I understand the function... but it looks dumb!
                              how can you hate that
                              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

Comment

Working...
                              X