Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who all here actually uses a bluetooth earpiece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who all here actually uses a bluetooth earpiece?

i just started today. although it has nothing to do with driving while talking... for that, i still talk on my phone directly.

since i started tethering, my phone is always wired to my computer, so i needed a way to talk on the phone while still allowing my phone to tether through usb. so i searched through a box and dusted off my bluetooth headset that i bought almost two years ago. its actually still a very stylish piece, imo... eventhough i no longer have my samsung phone to match.

its good quality sound, as far as i can tell. i dont have anything to compare to though. and it takes a little getting used to, but it has a rubber earbud that can stick in your ear, so itll stay in without the earhook thing(which i took off). very convenient.

post yours up and hows the quality?

I have a Jabra. Got it for $20 bucks last year. Used it heavily for like two weeks and realized that I looked like a douche walking around with it when my hands were free, so now I occasionally use it for my ps3.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Although I don't have any pictures, I have a Jawbone II with noise assassin and I also have a Pioneer FH P8800BT double din head unit with built in Bluetooth. The Jawbone had good sound quality and a feature I liked is that it played my assigned ringtone through the headset. The head unit is played throughout the audio system, has a pretty small microphone to hide easily, downloads my phonebook for on screen recognition, and it's very easy to operate. It can also link up to 3 phones at a time, which I think is pretty cool

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

INSIGNIA HEADPHONES...BLuetooth, so you can speak and listen to music too for any phone with BL.....GREAT headset and i only got them for 19.99 clearance at future shop...bought 5

VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
        1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
        MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

its illegal to talk on a phone while driving here...

bluetooth is legal....but fuck that...i just dont answer my phone while driving....whoever it is...they can wait the 15 minutes till i get to my destination where i can call them back..
          ..[CB7][STAR]..
          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I have a jabra i bought about 2 years ago. can't comment on the quality as i never used it once.

it's a 300 dollar fine here for driving on the phone.
            it's conviently placed in my chest of drawers.

Comment

I use a Plantronics 640e. The sound quality is great, my biggest disappointment is that I bought it because the ad said "vibrating bluetooth earpiece" and I wanted that so I could tell when I had an incoming call in the car or on the job over stereo noise, bass vibrations, machine vibrations, etc.
              After I got it, I discovered that the earpiece doesn't vibrate, one of the sleeve pieces does if you have the earpiece slid into it. Which is only useful if you want to go through the hassle of taking it out of your pocket and putting it on to answer the phone. It did come with everything in the pic though, when you put it all together it has a AAA battery for emergency recharging (they claim three charges from a single battery), you can wear it with or without the hook and it's not bad looking.
              The newbie broke the earhook for me, and the earbuds all seem to be the wrong size for my ear, so occasionally it will fall out if I turn my head quick or am stooped over, but in a 5 speed, it's so much easier to carry on a conversation through traffic.

Comment

Samsung WEP 460 and a Plantronics (can't remember model #). they serve me well

no pics though
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                  Used it heavily for like two weeks and realized that I looked like a douche walking around with it
                  x2.

But, I sell them daily.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

It's illegal to talk on the handset while driving in NJ, and I have a few friends that have gotten $120 tickets for it, and JUST that (not pulled overy for anything else... pulled over for phone use!)

So, since I'm on the road 8-15 hours a day, it only made sense!

I currently use the Plantronics Discovery 975 (cost me $120, but worth every penny!)
                    It's cool, because the earpiece is very small, has great wind/noise reduction properties, is plenty loud (that was the problem with my old one), and holds a charge for a long time. Even better, you charge the case, and drop the earpiece into it. The case will fully charge a dead earpiece 3 times before needing to be recharged again.

I can't find a picture of the old one... but it's also a Plantronics, but the cheapest crap one they offered! I hated it so much I barely used it. Paid $30 for it. It wasn't loud enough, didn't hold a charge very well, wasn't comfortable... no good.

Comment

I use to have a ear bluetooth but it didn't synch with my new phone so I didn't care.

I had found it at my previous job on the floor. I waited a month for lost n found. Cleaned it and used it lmao.

It was a motorola u something.

However now I use my kenwood headunit via bluetooth. Works well. Crisp and clear.
                      I don't really need a bluetooth if im not in my car.

Comment

wont sync with my g1 for some reason so i said eff it and use on my ps3
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                          its illegal to talk on a phone while driving here...

bluetooth is legal....but fuck that...i just dont answer my phone while driving....whoever it is...they can wait the 15 minutes till i get to my destination where i can call them back..
                          this.

Anyone who walks around with one of those just looks like a douche...kinda like the business men who had those ginormous fucking cell phones back in the 80s.

Comment

I hate bluetooth headsets..always have but i had a oldschool Motorola i got off ebay mad cheap, used it twice, thru it in the glove compartment. i think I left it there when i sold Gus my black cb
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I've got a plantronics from Biglots for only 20 bucks that i used for my PS3. I don't like talking on the phone while i'm driving. Generally if someone calls or texts me, i wait till i pull over to answer/reply. It's not worth wrecking my car to reply to someone asking me where i'm at.

Comment

Working...
                              X