CB7 in a racing simulator!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 in a racing simulator!!

Now it's not in one yet, but there's a game called Live for Speed. It's a free racing simulator for PC with the option to re-skin some of the in game cars allowing you to drive a vehicle that normally wouldn't be in the game. There are also 'tweaking' programs that will allow practically any engine and transmission setup to be used and adjusted on the fly (turbo tuning as well).

I've seen the 3D model of the CB7 in it's dedicated thread here, and I believe there's the possibility of being able to import the 3D file in to the game (which all in all is a relatively simple process for those who know what they're doing).

I haven't started on this yet, but I wanted to see who and all would be interested in this. If this worked, it'd be the only game ever to have a CB7 as a driveable car. With a bit of work, all the textures would translate over to the game and there are add ons that allow the changing of rims, though it is very limited.

It'll take a bit more than simply "dropping it in."

The model will have to be scaled down, i.e., severely stripped of polygons in order to clock-in at a reasonable polygon count for the game. That model is more of a 3D model for animation and rendering sake, not built for a game. This will take a considerable amount of time and effort.

Other less-strenuous tasks will include rigging the wheels to turn together, baking and re-skinning the model, and possibly adding other elements for lighting scenarios (activating various lights on the car, and texturing their "on" appearances).

Not to piss into your Cheerios anymore than I already have, you could drop said CB7 3D model into just about any computer game that accepts user-generated content. Just about every PC game on the market lets you do this.

Furthermore, I don't consider any game without a CB Accord in its original published code to be deemed as "including" or "featuring" a CB7. If it wasn't included by the developer and pressed into the final version, it wasn't included.

The closest we've ever gotten to seeing a CB in a game is when I textured a license plate to say "CB7TNER" for one of the games I worked on... and that's classified information.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I knew someone else had to play LFS on here.

Would you attempt to reskin the FXO? That is the only non hatch fwd. Or you could throw it on the XRG and use tweak to make it fwd.

Im sure you could get some answers on the LFS forums, but its more like one big hatefest.
      Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

I just downloaded a Mazda Miata racing game for my iPhone (free ) and I saw a few similar games by the same company. They basically just take the same game and put a new car in there (I haven't tried any of them, but I bet the VW Toureg game feels exactly the same, with a different looking vehicle.)

I briefly looked into finding a game engine to build a CB7 racing game with the same idea. I wonder how difficult it would be to create an iPhone game using an existing template.

Comment

close

Comment

Here's A CB7 in some "Road Burner" racing game.

Scroll down and look at it.

http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=2...ff1&width=1280

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
            "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
              Here's A CB7 in some "Road Burner" racing game.

Scroll down and look at it.

http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=2...ff1&width=1280
              http://www.freeonlinegames.com/game/road-burner.html

lol the "coyote" and it has a vvti v6 lololol and a carburetor.
              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

lmao. Dangit I didn't look close enough. I think it's like a corolla or somethin. ***z

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

lol i just played that game and went 2 feet then broke my engine

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I keep playin this game! Cause it's the closest thing to a CB7 in any video game lol.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                      lol i just played that game and went 2 feet then broke my engine
                      i faulted 3 times, lost my car because it was a race for pinks and then ragequit
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

The closest I think we ever got for that was GT4: 1988 Accord...

They got the CA, CD, and a few other but no CB or CG even...
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Ive play LFS a bit too, good game for realism, but i would say Rfactor is your best bet for ease of adding a cb7, after all it had a d16turbo 4th gen civic 4wd 400bhp that can be added.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...h%20generation

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

is awe_shiet gonna get royalties? dead ringer there
                            ____

Comment

Did not know there was this much interest in having a CB7 in a game. There is a good chance I may lower the polys on this high poly cb and make it able to play in game, with a full interior. Could even make the top 10-15 cbs on here and make a racing mod for Rfactor, lol who knows, as for now tho im busy working on cars for clients, all hush hush stuff, lol. But when i get some time i'll see what I can do

Some of my showable work can be seen here :
                              http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/gallery/
                              Last edited by Lynx; 11-22-2010, 01:58 AM.
                              My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X