Buyer off Craigslist is threatening me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer off Craigslist is threatening me?

I had posted an H22 Tranmission for sale on Craigslist for $350. About a week ago I had a guy that wanted to purchases the tranmission from me. He ask me if it would fit his Prelude Type SH and I said yes since I look up the tranny code and it said it came from a Prelude Type SH. It took him about 3-4days to finally see my tranmission.

I made the mistake of giving him my parent's home address and that is where he meet/buy the tranmission from me. When he came into the garage, he ask if its the right tranmission and I said yes. So he look at the tranmission and touch it and said Okay, then give me $300 since he ask me if I can go lower on the price.

Anyways, the next day he leaves me a voice mail on my cell phone saying the tranmission does not fit; however, I did not return his called. So the day after that he calls me again and I pick up. He said he wants his money back since it does not fit and its missing a sensor? I advised him to look up the tranny code to see if he needed to do anything else to make it work and he said "I want my money back." I replied back by saying "I spend the money already on my car payments, so I don't know what you want to do."

He pause for awhile and than said "I want mine got damn money back, I will call the police on you for selling an faulty item and I will go crazy at your house." When I heard that I just hang up on him and after that he calls me 4 times.

I would give his money back, but he told me that he's a mechanic that rebuild tranmissions. I am suspious that he might of swap part off the tranmission I sold him and now he wants the money back after he is done. Not only that, if he is a mechanic, shouldn't he know if the tranny would fit or not?

My question is can he call the police or do anything to my parents house? This guy lives about 45 minutes to an hour from me. By the way, this is in the state of Tennessee and the way we contacted each other is through calls.

Sorry for the long post.

Where in TN? If you don't want to be specific, just list the next nearest major city.

I have friends/family that are cops around TN, so I can ask them the legalities if they're in your neck of the woods.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

He bought a used part as is. His loss in my opinion.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        Where in TN? If you don't want to be specific, just list the next nearest major city.

I have friends/family that are cops around TN, so I can ask them the legalities if they're in your neck of the woods.

JoshM I just sent you a message.

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
          x2

plus he as the buyer shouldve done research.

ps buy a gun.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

x3

its his own fault. you sold it as is. its the same as going to a junk yard...you never know what you are going to get. it may look good but be trashed after driving a few days. he's just being a dumbass. it was probably someone else who is doing the install. just ignore his shit and just tell your parents to watch out

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

x4

His fault. Put the dumbass in his place.
              -Will

Comment

He's totally out of luck. If he calls again, record the call. Tell him you're recording the call, and if he continues to threaten you, tell him you're going to go to the local police, give them his phone number and name and file a harassment report, and then do it.
                My guess is that he's trying to return a fucked up tranny back to you and keep the one you sold him along with getting his money back... As a matter of fact, tell him that's what you think if he calls back, along with the other advice.

Comment

He bought a used part as is.
                  This.

"Let the buyer beware", anyone? And if he's a tranny guy, he shouldve been able to tell whether or not it was the right one.

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                  ps buy a gun.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

He bought it as is once money gas been exchanged he can no longer return the item as long as no warranty was established he's SOL

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

HES S.O.L Thats why i check everything used before i buy it
                      WHITEONWHITE

Comment

x5

If he gets crazy, go to the cops and report him. Then tell him to kick rocks!
                        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        My coupe!!!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

I can't stand people like that
                          I swapped a guy a kenwood amp for a r33 body kit for my cb
                          and he called me 3 weeks later and told me he has had no luck getting it going
                          It worked fine for me and its hard to kill an amp
                          long story short when I told him there is nothing I can do for him (and he wanted the kit back or 200 dollars)
                          he threatened to throw the amp threw the window of my shop lol
                          I laughed and told him to do what he has to do and hung up.
                          I picked the kit up from his house...
                          and he told me what he planned to do...

^^MRT^^
                          THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

Caveat Emptor.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              caveat Emptor.
                              Originally posted by mikew View Post
                              "let The Buyer Beware"

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X