Rwd Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rwd Cb7

Alright so I know there's been a few threads regarding rwd cb7s, but it seems I cannot find anybody who's actually done it. As I'm a beginner to cars and know nothing at all, where would be a good place to start? What needs to happen?

I was just thinking of possibly making my car RWD over winter since it's coming off the roads anyways. I could put as much effort into it as I can, but I'm pretty certain I won't be able to pull it off myself. I'd be happy to pay several thousand for a shop to help me out. I can put the money from buying a RWD car into just making my accord rwd.

The person with the 3rd gen rwd accord lives in the same town as me, but I'm guessing 3rd gen is a complete different story.

Any help is much appreciated .

^Clicky for MRT
    Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

The person with the 3rd gen Accord did a rear engine swap, even though it still took alot of fab work, it's problaby easier than keeping a front engine to rwd.

The process to do rwd will literally have to followed based on your own guidlines, alot of $$$, and problably will take longer than one winter.

Also, all the work you'll have to do won't make your car a cb anymore, just a cb shell with the other 70% of the car from other rwd based vehicles.

It's likely that you didnt find any threads of people doing it becuase it's not worth it, But props if you actually do this. Of course I said that to a bunch of people who wanted to do this and don't, so nothing special here.

BTW, wrong section.
    Last edited by ibr_adam09; 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

<

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I was thinking about doing a RWD Accord. I had it all planned out actually.
        However I don't think I am going to do it. I realized that life is too short to spend a whole year building something pointless.
        The Accord is a great well-balanced vehicle for an early 90s design. It is good the way it is. And if you want RWD, there are plenty of nice RWD cars to choose from....such as the S2000 which will cost you much less than converting an Accord to RWD. Not to mention that an S2000 is so well balanced, that you'll never be able to build anything even close to it by yourself in your garage. It is just impossible.
        If you are thinking about doing this to make an Accord fast, don't do it. Look around, there are plenty of very fast FWD cars. You don't necessarily need RWD to go fast.

Even if you do decide to do this. Don't even think about paying a shop. First of all, good luck finding a shop that will do something like this. And second, even if you do find a shop that will do this, think about how much you will be paying in labor. It would probably cost over $25,000 including parts and labor.
        Doing all labor by yourself, you could PROBABLY do it with 5,000-10,000 depending on what engine you want to use. You would obviously need a good welder, cutting and measuring tools, AT LEAST a year to complete this (unless you don't have a life or a job)

You obviously need pretty serious fabrication skills for this... or you will end up with an ugly frankenstein that will need to be fixed all the time.

Comment

It wouldn't be much of a CB7 after the conversion was done. You'd pretty much have to create a tube frame in the front (and the rear would probably be easier to do so as well), and the CB7's suspension wouldn't be retained. MAYBE the front, but even then, it'd be way off, seeing as it'd be set up for a different weight and weight distribution.

It'd basically be a custom tube chassis that's made to look like a CB7. I'd still love to do it... but it'd take all the CB7 out of the CB7!

Comment

Darn, yeah I thought it would be pretty tough :/. It wasn't for going fast, I was never into drifting or anything until I actually went to a local event and saw people I knew drifting. I'm actually happy enough with the speed of the h22a I've got right now :/. Maybe I'll just buy some ricey skyline for the soul purpose of drifting lol

^Clicky for MRT
            Kelowna Rhinoplasty and Gozie.com.

Comment

I'd take a ricey skyline any day

It'd basically be a custom tube chassis that's made to look like a CB7. I'd still love to do it... but it'd take all the CB7 out of the CB7!
              CB7 NASCAR FTW !!

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Has anyone ever considered buying one of the JDM H23A Accord Wagons from Japan, importing it, and trying to swap parts over that way? While even in Japan they are super rare....the cars are dirt cheap, no more than I think 5 grand or so after importation and compliance costs. (Per the ones I've seen brought over.) The only hard part I imagine is any cutting/fabbing to make something fit. But it could be cheaper than every single drivetrain part custom made.

Or in July's Super Street a Prelude owner converted his to RWD by using CR-V parts. He used the exhaust tunnel for the drive shaft and had some custom mounts fab to raise the H22 up about 8inches I believe, which then required a custom hood obviously. What puzzled me though was the fact that CR-Vs are AWD, and unless you want a drifter that extra set of wheels would help with traction under a nice turbo build.

Or if you're a big baller the 03+ Accord Wagons (Would be a TSX Wagon here) all have AWD and I believe a K24A. That would be my ultimate swap, should I ever attempt it. These are plentiful in Japan and if I'm not mistaken(correct me if I'm wrong) Canada which would definitely cut down the costs of importation as you could literally "drive it home". But obviously being 03 or newer they fetch a pretty penny.

Just my thoughts....
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

People waste their time on stupider things, but I'd put this idea on that list.

Comment

you can pick up s2k's for 8 grand. mustang 5.0's are less than 2k and they rip awesome doughnuts, they'll put you in a spin even when you arent trying to do one.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X