TSA going too far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSA going too far?

The TSA has once again revised it's policies. If you refuse to go through the full body scanner you have to go through the metal detector and be frisked. A pilot is now on the verge of losing his job because he didn't care to take their crap.

http://jalopnik.com/5667225/how-a-pi...y-lose-his-job

I think we had a pilot or two among us. I'd like to see their reaction to this. I know that I'd rather drive instead of putting up with all this security crap.
    Last edited by Geist Zero; 10-19-2010, 12:32 PM.

Originally posted by deevergote
    When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

paranoia

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

if you have nothing to hide then why worry? i know of some people who smuggle marijuana onto planes, they have balls.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

next time i travel by air i am going to stuff my underpants with golf balls.

Comment

"Better safe than sorry", especially 30k feet in the air !

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

who gives a fuck.... if you dont have anything to hide then who cares. When i fly i hope they search every person gettin on that plane

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
              who gives a fuck.... if you dont have anything to hide then who cares. When i fly i hope they search every person gettin on that plane

IDK Id be more worried with the condition of the plane

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
                I agree. I'm willing to be searched in exchange for the security of knowing everyone else on the plane is being searched just as thoroughly. I don't see that as sacrificing my freedom... I'd be sacrificing my life if someone managed to sneak something deadly onto a plane!

If I don't like it, there are other ways to travel. I can get to any part of this planet without flying. If I don't want to fly, I don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

If I don't like it, there are other ways to travel. I can get to any part of this planet without flying.
                  hahaha so true

Comment

First of all, nobody goes through the x-ray scanner. If they refuse they'll probably go through the metal detector like normal.

That said, who cares. Everyone should be forced to go through the scanners. There are far more deadly weapons out there that have no metal in them.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I deal with TSA on daily basis as I work at PHL airport and I don't mind strict rules as it comes down to everyones safety. TSA does seem to think they are above all, sometimes. I witnessed a few run-ins where the situation should have been handed over to the airport police. Also, I don't like how passengers are treated by TSA sometimes. There is a a certain manner level that should be kept up when speaking to passengers, Also slamming a big bag for search on a table is not a good thing when the passenger had a couple thousand worth of camera equipment in it.
                      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                      Check out my JDM F22B swap
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        if you have nothing to hide then why worry? i know of some people who smuggle marijuana onto planes, they have balls.
                        It's the fact that it's all extra hassle that shouldn't be necessary. Flying is no longer enjoyable at this point with all the extra security. I can't even bring a drink on the plane ffs.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I agree. I'm willing to be searched in exchange for the security of knowing everyone else on the plane is being searched just as thoroughly. I don't see that as sacrificing my freedom... I'd be sacrificing my life if someone managed to sneak something deadly onto a plane!

If I don't like it, there are other ways to travel. I can get to any part of this planet without flying. If I don't want to fly, I don't have to.
                        You do know that terrorists could strike anywhere else as well. You could have a nut job sniper on a roof in the city just picking people off or a suicide bomber at just about any populated location. A little extra security is one thing, but now it's just getting excessive.

I don't fly anymore. Not because I'm concerned about terrorists with a bomb, but because I don't care to pay good money to be treated like a criminal by underpaid workers having a bad day.

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                        First of all, nobody goes through the x-ray scanner. If they refuse they'll probably go through the metal detector like normal.
                        Meant to say metal detector. Posting while half asleep doesn't suit me.

http://gizmodo.com/5663219/if-you-tu...oped-very-hard
                        Originally posted by Article
                        While turning down the full body scan has always resulted in a patdown, there's a newer "enhanced" screening procedure that's being tested at some airports if you opt out, like at Boston's Logan airport. Here's what's it like described on Daily Kos:

Two (female) TSA officers stepped over to me, and gave me the new procedure, which included touching my face and hair, and in between and directly under my breasts. Much like a medical appointment, they explained the motions they would make before actually touching me, and both women were professional and polite about the screening - even apologetic about it - but I couldn't help but think this was overly invasive overkill.
                        And on another blog:

Immediately, the screeners we very rude to me and ordered me to sit down, which I did. I waited with no communication and no acknowledgement that my wallet and carry-ons had long since come through their screening, and were waiting on the other side for anyone to pick up.

Finally a team came over, had me go through the metal detector, collect my things and go to a separate area. These screeners were very pleasant, if also thorough–they took every single item in every pocket of every bag and swabbed each separately, and scanned for explosives. They patted me down and asked a lot of questions.

Originally posted by deevergote
                        When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Geist Zero View Post
                          You do know that terrorists could strike anywhere else as well. You could have a nut job sniper on a roof in the city just picking people off or a suicide bomber at just about any populated location. A little extra security is one thing, but now it's just getting excessive.
                          Yes, but a random sniper on a roof isn't going to be able to hurt the volume of people that someone on a plane would. Sniper on a roof could take out a few people before authorities are notified and respond. Someone hijacking a plane and blowing it out of the sky...no chance to respond or prevent it, and there goes 150+ people.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Sure you could have a lone wolf like the unibomber. You could have a man with a gun. But those are usually quite low threat levels. Now, if you have a guy or two on a plane with knives/guns/bombs, well, you either have hundreds dead if the plane explodes or crashes or thousands dead when they comandeer a jet and turn it into a guided missile.

It is what it is.
                            My Car
                            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution to the United States
                              The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
                              merely stepping foot into an airport does not constitute the suspension of the basic human rights. if there is no probable cause, there should be no unreasonable search. a full-nude strip-search, which this machine essentially is, goes WAY over that line IMO. there are MUCH better ways of ensuring public safety than this. we must remember that if someone wants to do something bad enough, they will find a way to do it and get around anything they need to to do it.

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                              It is what it is.
                              no offense to you, but mentality like this is why things have gotten the way they are.
                              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X