Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience with bikes?

1996 Honda XR250

I can't get it to start for the life of me, and my leg is getting tired.

It threw the rod bearing a while ago and I just finished putting it all back together this week.

It has spark
    It has fuel
    It has compression
    The cam timing is correct
    And since it's CDI I can't check the ignition timing unless its running.

Everything is saying this bitch should run, I'm getting ready to make a bonfire out of it.

I spent all day yesterday and today trying to trouble shoot.
    I've triple checked the timing, spark and fuel.
    I've tried starter fluid, without even so much as a cough.

The only thing I havn't tried so far is bump starting it, As I don't really have the space to do it.

ANY suggestions at all?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

I don't, but my brother does. If you're in my facebook (Jon Williams II), post it, and I'll connect you with him.

*edit* Have you checked spark through the plug, or just through the wire? I ask since it doesn't do anything with starter fluid, which makes me think the plug isn't arcing.

Comment

Thanks man.
      I tested for spark through the plug.

I diddn't find the problem, but My mate just came over and we bump started it.
      Now it starts first time, everytime.

Very odd, and my mate said it's not unusual after a strip down to need an initial bumpstart to get it running.

I've just sat down for the night, and I'm so tired.
      2 days of kicking, my leg is dead, and I feel mentally drained for trying to find a "non-existant" problem.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        Thanks man.
        I tested for spark through the plug.

I diddn't find the problem, but My mate just came over and we bump started it.
        Now it starts first time, everytime.

Very odd, and my mate said it's not unusual after a strip down to need an initial bumpstart to get it running.

I've just sat down for the night, and I'm so tired.
        2 days of kicking, my leg is dead, and I feel mentally drained for trying to find a "non-existant" problem.
        Excellent. My brother's had the same thing happen to him on his race quad. He has a pair of boots that he's literally bent the steel shank plate in the sole kickstartinging after a rebuild. Talk about arch support. IIRC, his finally caught and started after a couple of hours. (we're... determined (sounds better than bull headed))

Comment

Working...
        X