Many scattered thoughts at randoms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many scattered thoughts at randoms.

Intro: was thinking this morning about mainly 3 things. it's sunny out, i have a day off which is weird (wow!) and have just been sitting outside looking at the CB for the past hour. does anyone else do that here? have you just gone outside and stared at your car for hours and just appreciate it. i guess i do often.

1) if you want a new song with lots of bass if that's something you're really into, i like Party Over Here by Tyga this week.

2) i know this is a stereotype, but have you ever noticed that it's the guys that were nerds (like me) who end up becoming hardcore CB enthusiasts? A story: back in 5th. and 6th. grade i was a major dorky asian. there was an annex that was in between my elementary school's gym/lunchroom, and the music room (it's a very small school). i was the only kid who was into computers. had like 6 different setups and hardware, boxes of software, cables, stacked in piles that i would swap around or repair. whenever i wasn't in class was back there studying books and pwning with ms-dos 5 and 6. my buddy also had his own "computer lab" lol (a now bb6 owner and still a geek) and is now the ceo and chair tech for a small non-profit fios internet provider here in vt. he's a computer genius.

that's just one example of what i guess am trying to convey, and it is a generalization and doesn't really apply to the overall picture. but i think you'll understand.

3) the CB is just a beautiful car. classic mid 90's japanese styling, you can't go wrong! it looks very serious from the front end. think it has something to do with the wider appearance and stance, and the straight brow.

hey, cars are people too! .

Let's now take a moment of silence to appreciate the accord in general, and how happy the CB makes us

life is good.

Sometimes I also sit and just look at my car. Ususally it is to determine what I need to fix next. If I am wrenching on it sometimes my mind just goes blank for a while, then I snap out of it and go "Oh, I was about to grab a spanner wrench," or "Theres that spare interior trim screw."

Comment

i know, it's fun to admire.

life is good.

Comment

i played wolfenstein 3d on the ibm 486 and was the first amongst friends to actually get DSL which super sucked but for Tribes 1, it dominated.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol i'm far from a nerd, but i do consider myself a car nerd.

I have to agree, the Accord, as well as other Honda/Acuras are great looking cars for their time period. I used to sit and stare at mine and look through pics on here to get ideas of what I could do next, how I could do something like someone had done before, but do it differently etc.

I still do the same with my Mazda. I look at it and see what I can do. I no longer visit the Mazda 3 forum because they are the biggest bunch of puckered up assholes I've ever had the displeasure to converse with.

I wish I kept my Accord. I must have been on drugs when I got rid of it...for a freakin VW. WTF?!

Comment

i guess im on drugs considering i have two vw's.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I was a nerd. Still am.
              The great thing about being a nerd... when you get older, it becomes cool. The "cool" kids from highschool that never grew up are now the ones that everyone laughs at!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I was a nerd. Still am.
                The great thing about being a nerd... when you get older, it becomes cool. The "cool" kids from highschool that never grew up are now the ones that everyone laughs at!
                Ditto. I was always a nerd. I taught the computer programming class at my high school when the teacher was out, for crying out loud. But hey, it worked out for me! I won't be bagging groceries for the next 10 years, that's for sure.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  i guess im on drugs considering i have two vw's.
                  I dont care about your volkswagens. Or anyone elses.

Comment

I've been a nerd for a long time. Sold my CB to my friend a few years back and still miss the bitch! Damn you, CB, why are you so sexy?!
                    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

i just like their flat, wide look from the front end. personally i don't like the way they look from the side all that much- they're pretty long and because they're boxier than the CD and CG which are my other 2 fav. models of Accords, they, to ME, look longer than the other two. I also like the rear-end design better than the CD, or CG. but CG looks better from back than the CD. I just really don't like CD5 rear-ends' lol.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X